Flag is looking for a Sustainability Reporting and / or Communications Specialist (minimum 3 years’ experience) to join the Account Director team.
The role will be based in the US to support clients across the US and will be a remote position. The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about developing strong relationships with clients to deliver impactful reports and communications to raise awareness and excitement around their sustainability programs. The ability to translate client objectives and business strategies into story narratives and progress reports that resonate with client audiences is a must. Experience in promoting sustainability reports, data releases, and sustainable product launches is a plus.
- Manage client relationships
- Lead internal copy, design, and project management teams to produce leading sustainability reports and communications
- Understand and keep abreast of current sustainability reporting and communication best practices
- Prepare timely team and client updates on all stages of project execution
- Build business through contribution to proposals and pitches
- Experienced in producing outstanding sustainability reports and/or impactful communications
- Familiar with international reporting frameworks and standards such as the GRI, SASB, IIRC reporting framework, and ESG reporting indices
- Familiar with sustainability materiality assessments and stakeholder engagement processes
- Ability to develop one to three-year communications plans, including stakeholder specific engagement pieces
- Experienced in event planning and launches, both physical and digital
- Able to create and maintain strong relationships with clients and colleagues
- Experienced in developing new business presentations and pitches.
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills that are clear, concise, and direct, with a keen attention to detail
- Work well across various teams and talent communities, able to multi-task
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree
- The ideal candidate will have experience in both sustainability reporting and sustainability communications, although reporting is the critical element
- Knowledge and experience of media planning and outreach, both in the traditional and social platforms would be a bonus
- Strong presentation skills, poise, and professionalism
- Resourceful, entrepreneurial spirit