This exciting role will take Allbirds’ sustainability work to the next level – transforming frameworks into action and ensuring sustainability is at the heart of every decision Allbirds makes. You will be responsible for measuring our environmental impact across the business and driving initiatives to reduce our footprint. This role will work across design, material innovation and product development teams to create a analytical frameworks to promote sustainable sourcing, manufacturing, and distribution strategies.
You will work with the Manager of Sustainability to:
- Own lifecycle assessments for all products and improve current methodology/process; create, implement, and track plans to dramatically improve product footprints.
- Engage with suppliers to accurately measure and evaluate the environmental impact of the supply chain; develop strategy to minimize waste in manufacturing and track and reduce environmental outcomes such as energy and water consumption.
- Collaborate with marketing team to shape the sustainability narrative and storytelling. Translate environmental initiatives into engaging consumer stories across website and social. Validate all customer facing sustainability content on an ongoing basis.
- Publish quarterly sustainability scorecard, coordinating with key functions across the business to collect data and present to key stakeholders.
- Lead employee engagement and education, ensuring our sustainability ethos rings true across international offices and retail stores. Create internal sustainability training platform with modules on preferred materials, circularity of design, and supply chain transparency among others.
- Manage Allbirds’ donations program, working with existing partners to ensure impacts and evaluating new requests.
- Lead third party sustainability certification efforts including running assessments, leading related company-wide initiatives, and preparing external reporting. Examples include B Corp, Higg Index, and Forest Stewardship Council.
- Conduct detailed industry and competition analyses to identify best and worse industry sustainability practices.
This role is based in San Francisco, CA | Innovation & Sustainability Team | Reports to Manager of Sustainability.
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials – designed for life’s everyday adventures. Find out more at https://www.allbirds.com/Apply now