There is an exciting opportunity at Campbell’s for an Analyst, Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability.
The Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Analyst is responsible for data management, analytics and reporting as a support for the Campbell’s Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability team. The Analyst will lead all aspects of sustainability data collection, gap analysis, validation, aggregation and calculation for external reporting purposes, as well as to support internal science-based target, scope 3 and water risk assessment processes, among others. The role has a major analytical component, as well as a focus on developing and strengthening the processes for external reporting. The role will help to respond to information requests from investors, customers, and other stakeholders, along with rating and ranking surveys. The role will also help to support the team in internal communications and engagement.
- Collects, validates, calculates and aggregates sustainability data, including energy, water, waste, supplier-related impacts and agricultural inputs for external reporting needs and internal development of value chain impacts.
- Collaborates with ESG and related functional areas across the organization to maintain database of key data inputs needed for external reporting, stakeholder requests and senior leadership and Board engagement.
- Manages the completion of stakeholder and rating/ranking surveys and conducts gap analyses to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develops templates and standardized reports for external and internal reporting requirements.
- Develops and/or collects required supporting documentation for reporting requirements.
- Manages deliverables to complete third party assurance of greenhouse gas emissions, water and waste data.
- Tracks return on sustainability investment and translates data into business wins that can be shared across the organization.
- Builds scenario analyses using available tools like Microsoft Excel and MicroStrategy.
- Recommends improvements for data collection and management processes.
- Develops and maintains documentation of processes and procedures around data collection and management.
- Compares and contrasts data requirements for various stakeholder surveys to identify data gaps and improve data collection processes.
- Supports CR&S internal communications as needed, including a quarterly sustainability newsletter and other internal engagement opportunities.
- Conducts research and peer benchmarking to support strategic planning, goal setting and conversations with stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Education discipline in Sustainability, Supply Chain, Finance, Business Administration, Data Analytics, Statistics, or Economics desired. Background and understanding of environmental sustainability a plus.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience required.
- Must have strong analytical skills and excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel a must.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Naturally a self-starter and very results-oriented.
- A background and understanding of voluntary environmental reporting protocols, like the GHG Protocol, Scope 3 Protocol and Food Loss and Waste Protocol are a plus.
- Experience with environmental, social and governance (ESG) reporting frameworks like GRI, CDP, SASB and TCFD is beneficial.