Rockefeller is looking for an experienced ESG Engagement Analyst to support the shareholder engagement process.
The candidate will lead constructive dialogue with a significant number of companies across the portfolio to influence change on material ESG issues. The candidate will also contribute to shaping our engagement strategy and support the development of junior members on the team. The role will report to the ESG Engagement Lead.
- In partnership with the investment team, research companies to identify material areas for ESG improvement and build a business case for why firms should make these improvements;
- Communicate with senior representatives at investee companies to encourage improvement on material ESG issues that seek to enhance shareholder value;
- Using an entrepreneurial mindset, bring innovation and creativity to help scale the shareholder engagement process. Provide recommendations for strengthening and improving the process;
- Support the shareholder engagement process associated with the launch of new products and strategies;
- Contribute to the development of shareholder engagement campaigns focused on specific themes such as climate change, human rights, and ocean health;
- Participate in ESG industry working groups coordinated by organizations such as the UN, SASB, PRI, Ceres, and ICCR, among others;
- Support additional activities as assigned, including reporting and other firmwide initiatives.
Qualifications And Skills
- 3-7 years of relevant professional experience in the field of shareholder engagement and investment stewardship;
Subject matter knowledge of ESG issues, governance principles, regulatory frameworks, impact investing and emerging trends;
- Strong writing, organizational, and communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment;
- High emotional intelligence;
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset;
- Proficient in Excel and ability to learn new technologies quickly;
- Bachelor’s degree required.