S&P Global has an opening for an Associate Director – Fixed Income ESG Product Management.
Responsible for owning the product lifecycle of SPDJI fixed income ESG indices. The individual acts as the key point of contact between the Product Management and various cross functional business units including Research and Design, Marketing, Channel Management, Client Services, Client Coverage, IT, legal and Index Management & Production.
- Execute the fixed income ESG strategy, product messaging and positioning for S&P DJI’s fixed income ESG indices.
- Planning, coordinating and implementing the required tasks needed to build new ESG fixed income indices, ensuring the smooth and timely launch. Deep involvement in technical aspects of product design by working closely with the Development, Technology and Research & Design teams.
- Develop research and presentation materials, including pitch books for client presentations. Serve as the fixed income ESG subject matter expert for client coverage, marketing and key clients.
- Interface with clients, prospective clients and strategic partners via coordination with business development teams (sales, channel) with the goal of identifying and communicating client driven needs effectively across internal stakeholders
- Maintain or improve customer focus with assigned fixed income index clients on a daily basis by answering client questions and proactively communicating any major issues.
- Support the indices via creating content used in marketing materials (white papers, blogs, video’s and other media).
- Understand complex index methodology to ensure that calculation and attributes correspond to the stated methodology.
- Partner with research, technology and production to further enhance our system capabilities and accommodate business growth.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Strong quantitative and computation skills. Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, VBA, SQL, or Matlab is highly preferred.
- Experience with S&P Capital IQ, Thomson Reuters Eikon, FactSet, BondEdge, Yield Book, FINCAD or other fixed income financial applications a strong plus.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience working with either fixed income or ESG indexes either at a service provider or direct user at a bank or fund manager
- Bachelor’s Degree. Advanced degree in business finance, accounting, economics, math, statistics, or engineering strongly preferred
- A demonstrable understanding of global financial markets, experience dealing with customers in a demanding environment
- Excellent analytical capabilities working with large data sets, to aid in solving non-routine problems in a timely fashion with keen attention to detail
- MBA/CFA or progress toward CFA a plus
- Must be able to work with complex financial models and index methodologies
- Reliance on multiple departments, partners and vendors for data and analytic platforms
- Must be able to handle large volumes of data with due care and attention to ensure complete accuracy