Net Impact is looking for a leader who brings a passion for empowering next generation leaders to address the urgent problems that face us: climate change, racial inequity, and business practices that are unsustainable for people and planet.
The Associate Director of Growth generates business value by building and deepening relationships with partners (public and private companies, foundations) across sectors and topical areas. The AD of Growth should be keenly curious about where the future of the ESG ecosystem is headed and ensure that Net Impact is leading the way there by developing offerings that offer transformational value to our next generation network and our funding partners.
You’ll steward new and existing relationships to identify mutually desirable opportunities that advance our shared SDG and ESG goals. You will lead implementation of Net Impact’s revenue development strategy and will work with senior leadership to evolve that strategy over time. You will collaborate to ensure that our funded opportunities are compelling, market-sensing, and appropriately priced.
This role is ideal for a rising leader who is comfortable collaborating on strategy and also being a relationship lead and making the ask when the time is right. The AD of Growth will provide organization and direction for the Development Team, and will supervise 1-2 direct reports.
At this time, Net Impact can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis. Unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Net Impact values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and individuals of all socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for the position.
Lead development team
- Lead all development team activities to facilitate the org to meet or exceed annual business development goals, including but not limited to proposal development, grant and program renewal management, and pitch deck/concept strategy document creation
- Serve as part of Net Impact’s Senior Leadership Team and contribute to org’s strategy, goal-setting, and culture
- Oversee communications, processes and execution for business development efforts. This includes creating pitch materials, sourcing leads, cultivating relationships, closing, and contract/scope of work development
- Drive Net Impact’s business development revenue generation strategy with the support of, and consultation with Net Impact leadership
- Lead productizing and pricing Net Impact’s offerings
- Provide timely and accurate business development status update to board and senior leadership team by establishing best practices and in-house protocols on management and tracking of pipeline opportunities in an organized, systematic, detail-oriented manner
Cultivate strong external relationships
- Lead relationship development with new partners, assist in the maintenance of existing partners and prospects
- Draw out and/or cultivate partners’ business needs and mutually desirable funded opportunities for Net Impact to address
- Be Market Sensing. Develop a pulse on relevant industries, issues and trends. Leverage this knowledge to position NI well for revenue generation and growth
- Represent Net Impact externally at key events
Strong internal collaborator
- Collaborate closely with marketing, systems, operations, programs, and non-profit finance/accounting to ensure Net Impact’s offering delivers on mission and strengthens our organization
- Use work plans, team meetings, and communication skills effectively to keep project and deal teams focused on efforts that drive high-quality and efficient results
- Draw insights from colleagues and use them to inform our business development efforts and positioning
You may be a good fit for the role if you
- Enjoy bringing clarity and organization to complexity and ambiguity. Net Impact’s products and services must evolve to meet the interests of our next-gen audience and to address the most pressing issue areas. You enjoy bringing to life our core competencies, amplifying our network, and working with partners to create strategic initiatives. You are excited, not daunted, when a colleague asks you how we might launch a new, paid membership strategy or think through tiered pricing and benefits for a big, new multi-stakeholder funding campaign. You have proven experience selling complex offerings to business partners, ideally with a social impact focus.
- Cultivate relationships that drive business value and deliver on mission. You are not your typical non-profit fundraiser. You are able to listen to a potential partner, ask probing questions, and draw out the outcomes that matter to them. You are an advocate for our work and network and are excited to collaborate with colleagues to translate those outcomes to opportunities that Net Impact can deliver on with excellence.
- Are organized and goal-oriented. You are driving to accomplish departmental and organizational goals, which means working in a methodical, organized way. You’re comfortable relying on systems and tools to keep everyone coordinated and to manage the many details inherent in this work. You always ‘know your numbers’ and on a given day, you have a keen sense of the highest-priority relationships to stoke to make progress towards your revenue goal.
- Bring a strategic growth mindset. You consistently ask yourself and your colleagues questions like: is this approach meeting the moment and resonating with people? If not, can we tweak the approach, or are we better off taking a new course entirely? What changes might we make to unlock new revenue-generating possibilities? Not only do you ask the questions, you tap into your market-sensing strategic approach and are energized to help the organization translate big ideas into action.
Overall Qualifications / Requirements
- 8-12 years of experience managing external relationships that generate revenue in any sector with demonstrated success. Experience in the social impact field or with complex product offerings is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; capable of producing excellent written documents and pitch decks with a fast turnaround
- Experience leading internal teams comprised of direct and/or indirect reports
- Excellent partnership skills
- Demonstrated ability in change management
- Experience using systems to lead projects or initiatives in an organized, detail-oriented fashion
- Experience supporting and/or participating in internal leadership work such as goal-setting, culture-building, and cross-team collaboration