The Carlyle Group is looking for a new Associate – ESG.
The Impact Associate role is necessary to support ESG and impact activities across the corporate structure and to enable the broader firm ESG strategy. In addition, the Associate will support the development and integration of a systematic approach to ESG across all Carlyle investing.
- Support ongoing activities to design ESG-linked financings; investigate new areas for potential impact product development; position companies for exits to impact-oriented investors
- Assist in implementing the impact strategy for climate change and workforce of the future across the global portfolio
- Support all investment segments (Private Equity, Credit, Aviation, Real Assets, NGP, etc.) on the development of a systematic approach to ESG integration (including ESG diligence framework, integration into DD processes and IC memos, ESG policy, LP reporting, etc.)
- Develop external partnerships with NGOs, industry collaborations, and more in order to further practice and participate in field-building
- Assist in firmwide ESG reporting, including annual report (e.g. recently released 2020 Impact Review) and corporate ESG disclosures for ratings agencies
- Ongoing content creation for communications strategy (articles, case studies, Q&As, etc. for the website and social channels)
- Create materials/decks and participate in or lead LP meetings, various internal Carlyle trainings and presentations, external conference presentations, etc.
- Assist in responding to RFPs/DDQs, ad hoc requests (from deal teams, etc.)
- Assist in ongoing impact reporting for the Renewable and Sustainable Energy platform; annual impact reporting at the strategy level
- Help coordinate and execute ongoing events including: targeted LP events, portco workshops including the annual Sustainability workshop or targeted events on climate change, etc.
- Help design and implement climate best practices in for our energy portfolio companies, including work on TCFD reporting, methane monitoring and reduction, carbon emissions intensity reduction, and more
- Analyze portfolio company ESG data for research topics and to identify “hotspots” for action
- Bachelors degree, required
- Concentration in finance, accounting, economics, or other business related discipline, strongly preferred
- Minimum 3 year professional experience, required
- 3 years of experience in a financial/consulting/business role or similar industry, preferred
- Ability to successfully navigate in an environment where projects and tasks do not have a clear path to completion and innovation is required to accommodate all stakeholders’ preferences
- High level of comfort with decision making
- Works well in a deadline-driven environment
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Ability to manage work and a wide variety of projects occurring simultaneously