Diageo has an opening for a Business Integrity Manager, GB.
You will act as business partner to your Managing Director and market leadership team to help them own, drive and manage their accountabilities related to ‘doing business in the right way’. You will act as second line of defense to your market, overseeing risk indicators and potential red flags, looking for insights and root causes for breaches and advise on / coordinate interventions to mitigate risks in your market.
Top Accountabilities –
- Act as trusted advisor across all levels of the organisation to provide decision support on any controls, risk or compliance matters.
- Create and shape a market’s risk management culture in partnership with senior management team which includes building capabilities around controls and risk ownership and understanding to enable proactive risk identification, holistic assessments and management.
- Facilitate risk management activities such as the consolidation of KRIs, coordinate periodic governance forums (i.e. RMC) and oversee automatic monitoring / analytics to enable simplified and proactive management of risk.
- Coordinate compliance risk assessment process and monitor it for deficiencies in compliance related practices.
- Advise the leadership team on how to shape a culture of integrity, develop plans on how to effectively embed our Code and policies through tailored risk based engagement interventions which are executed in partnership with policy owners / functional heads.
- Monitor effectiveness of risk-based education and training programme on our code, policies and standards, including the annual certification (ACC),in partnership with L&D.
- Oversee the market’s breach management process (incl. Speakup process, triage, outcome of investigations, remediation management and adequacy/consistency of consequence) and conduct a ‘root cause analysis’ to inform ‘lessons learned’ communications / engagement as needed.
- Oversee the Controls Assurance and Risk Management (CARM) mapping and scoping by working with functional heads, local leaders and CAS.
- Lead as needed, the CARM Test of Design & walkthroughs for any in market tier 3 entity
- Oversee the CARM process outcome and results, specifically on issues/control deficiencies and advise functional heads / control owners on potential root causes as well as provide guidance on effective remediation.
- Faciliate market governance (controls, risk and business integrity programme) reporting and sign off activities, including submission to ARC and FAC.
- Business partnering with leaders and functional Heads for BD, transformation and change projects to ensure new ventures, structures etc. are aligned to our code, values, standards and policies
Win through Execution
- Sets and pursues direction without guidance and takes a wide view of their accountabilities
- High energy and ambition to achieve successful outcomes and high standards
- Balances analysis and execution and adjusts thinking in the face of new information
- Actively spots opportunities or issues and identifies which are urgent and important
- Generates a range of workable solutions, and partnership with leaders to decide what should be done and takes action
Shape the Future
- Sees the big picture and possibility from multiple angles and through a creative lens
- Frames issues in a way that creates clarity and incorporates others’ best thinking
- Accurately digests large amounts of information and breaks down complex problems thoroughly
- Challenges themselves and others to take on new or unfamiliar tasks and ways of working
Inspire through Purpose
- Communicates in a compelling, persuasive and impactful way
- Draws on a variety of influencing styles to engage different audiences
- Finds broader meaning in their work and aspires to make a significant difference
- Reads their environment and understands how culture and context influences people’s perspectives and behaviours
- Is actively aware of the impact they have on others and tunes in to the needs of individuals around them
Invest in Talent
- Displays confidence in their ability to meet challenges and succeed
- Maintains belief and optimism and bounces back quickly from setbacks or failures
- Demonstrates a realistic and thoughtful awareness of their own capabilities
- Proactively seeks feedback and development for growth and takes action
Ideal Experiences / Qualifications / Capabilities
- +8 years of relevant experience in governance, risk management, audit, controls, legal or compliance and ethics
- A specialist expert with strong business acumen
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- High level of personal integrity
- Exceptional ability to build and maintain genuine relationships based on mutual trust & respect
- Demonstrated ability to lead, drive and embed change through ambiguity and complexity across fast-paced and large multi layered matrix organizations
- Successful management of senior stakeholders at all levels and proven ability to hold others to account, resulting in strong and positive outcomes
- Great coach and ability to develop high impact inspirational leader(s)
- Demonstrated brilliant execution to impeccably high standards and deep personal accountability for great performance
- Experience of working with, whether directly or indirectly
- Experience working across multiple countries/geographies/cultures