The position of Chief Operating Officer has become available at Impact Experience Institute.
Summary of the Role
This is a special opportunity for a mid-career individual with an interest in impact investing and community-based change.
The Impact Experience Institute COO will play a pivotal role in shaping the growth and impact of our fast-growing, impact-oriented organization dedicated to the promise of a more equitable, sustainable, and prosperous world. Candidates should have a strong interest in the impact investing industry and a passion for building innovative solutions that create both financial value and meaningful social and environmental impact. The ideal candidate works autonomously to cultivate leads, structure partnerships and research and design Impact Experience programming. Impact Experience has partnered with lead impact funders – both investors and philanthropists – and community leaders. This role provides the opportunity to spark critical dialogue and co-creation of solutions that bring hope and opportunity to issues, places, and people that have historically been overlooked. You will have the opportunity to work directly with the CEO, Advisory Board and Partners of Impact Experience.
The individual in this role must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing environment, executing quickly on a range of responsibilities. The ideal candidate has a curious, optimistic and compassionate mindset, an entrepreneurial and resourceful approach to problem-solving, a passion for social impact, and a spirit of humility in engaging with all stakeholders.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Working closely with partner organizations in the development of engagements
- Managing the ongoing implementation of products over time
- Solicitation of new business opportunities
- Collaborating with team on strategy for proposals
- Deepening relationships in network to cultivate new business
- Performing research and analysis including literature reviews, summaries of findings, participation in expert interviews, etc.
- Developing client materials including proposals, presentations and reports
- Building, closing and managing a pipeline of Impact Experience clients and partners
- Working in collaboration with the rest of the team to deliver Impact Experiences
- Report to CEO of Impact Experience
Skills and Qualifications
- Thrives in entrepreneurial environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization and to the larger community
- Sales and business development experience
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Knowledge of impact investing, finance, and/or philanthropy preferred
- Some background in diversity, equity and inclusion work preferred
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, and discretion
- Facilitation skills to run Impact Experience or oversee the team who will do so
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Comfort working with a (often) virtual team
- Candidate would ideally have some consulting experience
- Minimum 5 years of work experience, no maximum – we welcome seasoned professionals too!
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience preferred