A position has become available at UNDP for Cities and Urbanization.
Duties And Responsibilities
Working with the UNDP Bureau for Policy and Programme Support, the intern will provide support for a number of research, knowledge management, and organization of events, in particular:
Provide extensive research support on inclusive growth and sustainable urbanization to create/update a profile for each country;
Map and analyze data sources and networks related to urbanization;
Conduct literature review on various thematic areas of the 2030 Agenda, in particular on cities and sustainable urbanization, to inform ongoing research and analytical efforts;
Support compilation of communication materials, best practices, project stories, and dissemination;
Update the City2City.Network platform with relevant materials (news, events, publications, videos, networks etc).
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Strong organizational, analytical, reporting and writing abilities;
- Results driven, able to meet targets/deadlines;
- Capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time;
- Creative thinking ability;
- Highly organized and an ability to work independently;
- Excellent analytical, writing and communication skills;
- Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback.
Required Skills and Experience
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (Masters degree programme) in sustainable urbanization, international development, economics, statistics, international affairs, public policy or related field.
- Voluntary / internship experience in conducting research in international development or related field;
- Developing country experience is an advantage;
- Experience in working with government, and private sector is an advantage;
- An understanding of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the SDGs;
- Demonstrated research ability to extract, compile information and prepare technical analysis based on research undertaken as part of University coursework or outside work;
- Extensive IT skills including design software and social media applications;
- Experience creating content for the web and/or managing different media platforms is desirable.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English is a prerequisite.