Schneider Electric is looking for a Cleantech Environmental Commodities Manager to join a team of experienced professionals in commodity procurement and advisory services supporting many of the largest organizations in the world with global procurement of Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs, GOs, I-RECs, etc.) and Carbon Offsets (VERs).
This position engages with our Cleantech business development team in providing strategy and solutions to end users and in doing so engages both internally and externally with key stakeholders. This effort may involve single location procurement events or the development of complex and ongoing go to market global processes. In addition, this position supports our internal administration of contracts, document management, database management and other internal systems. Successful candidates can be based in any Schneider office in North America.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Support Commodity Procurement Exercises – engage globally with renewable energy and carbon reduction project developers and other market participants in identifying solutions for Schneider client
- Engage with Business Development – supporting the efforts of our teams across the world in understanding options and strategies for environmental commodity procurement
- Evaluate RFP responses – develop presentation materials from supplier responses and support client facing presentations of this material
- Support review of Procurement Contracts – ensuring all contracts with suppliers are in compliance with internal guidance and best practices
- Developing Documentation for Clients – providing our clients with appropriate evidence of their purchases and tracking support within global registries.
- Invoice approvals and Contract Administration – working with finance team to ensure invoices from suppliers are correct and ready to pay, sending contracts, routing for review/signature, Salesforce tracking and other back office tasks
- Supplier Database Management- maintaining and developing relationships with suppliers around the world
- Commodity Database Management – maintaining internal commodity information as well as customer facing global market updates
- Supporting our Salesforce based system for tracking commodity purchases and positions
- Registry delivery validating/auditing – Communicating with third party registries to ensure our clients retirements are properly executed
- Other responsibilities as assigned
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
- Proven experience in the Environmental Commodities markets is highly preferred – possibility including:
- Renewable energy and/or Carbon Offset project development and management
- Project certification under leading global standards
- Environmental Commodity trading or brokerage
- Other commodity trading experience
- Energy procurement strategy experience in renewables is highly preferred
- Experience in Corporate Sustainability / Social Responsibility strategy, best practice, reporting and communication is highly valued
- Proven track record of being successful in all elements of a procurement role is highly valued
- Presentation skills both in developing client facing materials and delivering in person and on-line presentations is highly valued
- Strong negotiation skills and interpersonal persuasiveness will be highly valued
- Organizational skills with experience managing data will be highly valued
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate in a Microsoft Office environment (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Some travel required to support business development and client delivery (approximately 10-20%).