Schneider Electric is recruiting for a Client Development Manager, Sustainability Services.
Our Client Development Manager, Sustainability Services is responsible for selling our Sustainability Services consulting and technology offerings to the executive levels of Commercial and Industrial companies. Our focus is on driving continuous performance improvement for our customers by coupling sustainability expertise with the industry’s finest technology.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Uncover new business opportunities with targeted accounts through prospecting, networking, qualifying and closing techniques.
- Prospect and convert leads into profitable and ongoing business relationships
- Work with Schneider Electric’s portfolio of offerings to develop customized solutions that address the customer’s business needs
- Understand our customers’ long-term strategic business needs while building long-term relationships – higher and wider – within their organization; a key focus is on selling new solutions to existing clients
- Lead the development of sales proposals. Enlists the support of solutions architects and operations specialists, implementation resources, delivery resources, and other sales and management resources as needed — either proactively or in response to RFPs
- Meet targeted personal performance goals as determined by leadership
- Negotiate and close contracts for Sustainability Services with enterprise customers
- Collaborate with colleagues, including sales, marketing and operations teams, on ways to continuously improve offerings and go-to-market strategies
- Communicate and interact with business decision-makers at all levels to identify needs and requirements — as well as market opportunities
- Lead and move prospects through the sales cycle
- Maintain prospect (CRM Salesforce.com) database information
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if
- Quality experience selling professional services in the energy and sustainability industry, renewable energy industry, service industry, environmental industry, or to industrial and/or commercial clients; experience and knowledge from working within the energy, sustainability or environmental industry is a must.
- Self-starter; able to rapidly comprehend client demands and Schneider Electric solutions, and to align the two to ensure sales performance at or above assigned levels.
- Ability to thrive in a remote office environment
- Proven track record of being successful in all elements of a consultative sales role
- Lead generation persistence in following up of leads and movement of prospects through the sales cycle
- Work with all management levels at Fortune 1000 companies
- Negotiate agreements with prospects
- Prior experience working with complex sales cycles (up to 6 months)
- Prior experience selling high within an organization (C Suite)
- Strong closing ability; past experience closing five- and six-figure deals each month
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate in a Microsoft Office environment (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook) and Salesforce.com CRM system
- Travel required to support sales activity (up to 50%)
- Bachelors degree required