IDEO is seeking an Entrepreneur in Residence (EIRs) to develop and run a new venture that removes barriers to fleet vehicle electrification.
In This Role You Will
- Take on one venturing concept and make it a reality, making the most of sponsored entrepreneurial freedom and a host of available resources from Orbia and IDEO
- Spend your first 6 months developing evidence that your concept can be a scalable venture business that advances life around the world and preparing to bring a solution to market.
- Build prototypes of increasing fidelity to: test and evolve your business model, develop and refine your technology roadmap, and continue to deepen your understanding of user needs
- Build and present evidence to the Orbia Lighthouse Advisory Board that your venture is worth pursuing beyond the validation phase
To Support You Along Your Journey, You Will
- Receive experienced support and mentorship through engaged lab leadership, venture board, and business executives, bringing a breadth of startup, investor, and industry experience and guidance
- Have remote access to the Orbia Lighthouse in-house design team to support research and development so that you can hit the ground running.
- Be allocated a fixed budget to build, pilot, promote, and launch the venture.
- Have prioritized support from Koura, the largest global owner of Fluor which is an essential material in Li Ion batteries
Compensation And Benefits
- This is a full-time, salaried position guaranteed for a minimum of 6 months, with additional funding and runway subject to Orbia venture board approval. The hope and intention is that you will launch and run the venture for 3
- years into the future.
- Incentive structures will reward achievements along the journey of building impactful ventures.
We’re Looking For
- Experience as a founder, product leader, or business development leader in an early stage startup, and a track record of building technology businesses from scratch
- A broad playbook of startup methodologies, and mastery in using their toolkit from early exploration to finding product/market fit
- Hands-on builders — you have the ability to hold the product vision and also build the early iterations of the product itself
- Relevant domain expertise, understanding of customers and products, and a network within your target venturing space
- Bonus points for experience building any of the following: EV charging services, B2B2C businesses, data processing and aggregation services, or digital applications.
The Successful Candidate Will
- Be driven by impact, and the belief that the world needs ventures that solve real problems at startup speed
- Use a founder’s toolkit to be able to embrace ambiguity — we will provide clear goals in the venture process, but how you get there is up to you
- Have the operating experience to make the most of provided IDEO and Orbia resources
- Invest in others’ success, collaborating with a community of entrepreneurs building parallel ventures