The Estée Lauder Companies (ELC) is looking to hire a Climate Change Fellow under the Future CCOs program.
This fellow will provide support to the Director of Global Corporate Citizenship & Sustainability (who previously was the first ever fellow of this program). In this capacity, the successful candidate will work on an assortment of projects that will help ELC advance its climate change initiatives, as well as engage with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage and execute elements of the GCCS climate and energy strategy covering but not limited to carbon neutrality,
renewable energy, ecosystem protection, supplier engagement and lifecycle assessment
- Drive project management, facilitation and execution of goals carried out in partnership with other teams such as
Global Supply Chain, Environmental Affairs and Safety, Legal, Finance, Procurement, Research and Development,
Packaging, brands and others
- Work in close collaboration with key internal business leads including GCCS colleagues and corporate functions across
ELC to execute strategy
- Support the environmental sustainability team on a range of climate and energy research including competitive
benchmarking, best practices, technical requirements, quantitative analysis, and internal and external stakeholder
- Support the team on developing, documenting and implementing management practices to help the team be more
efficient as well as to capture institutional knowledge
- Help with data management and analysis in Excel to be included in presentations along with other materials to help
with decision making
- Assist with developing and editing presentations in PowerPoint for various meetings.
Long-Term Project Assignment with Case Study to be Published by ACCO
- Develop a recommendation for engaging employees in climate action building upon the company’s rich legacy in
employee engagement, its unique climate action strategy and the potential for employees to make a meaningful
- Master’s degree in, for example, business and/or sustainability.
- 3 years of relevant professional experience from a top-tier consulting firm, NGO working with business, or a
CSR/sustainability, corporate affairs, or similar role in the private sector.
- Experience working in a multi-branded retail company or other industry with high-profile consumer brands a plus.
- Excellent project management skills and experience working on multiple, disparate projects simultaneously.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills for high-level interaction with other functions and brands.
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills, including communicating and marketing sustainability
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced entrepreneurial organization with a collaborative environment.
- Proven ability to conduct extensive research, and to analyze, synthesize and make meaning of data.
- Highly analytical, can synthesize information and offer recommendations/solutions.
- Fluent in both written and conversational English; fluency in a second language an advantage.