Job opening for a Community Strategist at Lyft.
Lyft is looking for dynamic, talented Community Strategists to authentically develop strategies for engagement inside of local markets, supporting and promoting Lyft’s policy initiatives as well as spearheading local proactive reforms. Reporting to the National Regional Community leads, Community Strategists will be a key part of building the Lyft movement and achieving public policy progress for Lyft nationwide. In some instances, but not all, Strategists will manage Community Organizers.
As the community maven for Lyft in their local community, Community Strategists will develop our blueprint for engaging authentically with Lyft drivers, riders, and community allies in order to engage them on policy issues that impact their lives. This person will also help drive collaboration with Lyft’s Social Impact team, overseeing execution at the local level.
- Translate national goals into local strategy, developing comprehensive community affairs programs and campaigns across multiple markets
- Work cross-functionally across the Lyft organization in multiple markets to build relationships with drivers, riders, and other essential members of the Lyft community and to engage those key community members in meaningful action to further Lyft’s policy and social impact goals
- Work closely with Public Policy Managers to develop and execute a local community engagement strategy that will support the ridesharing movement and Lyft’s local legislative initiatives
- Oversee the creation of a diverse coalition of supporters by managing relationships with local nonprofits, community organizations, and trade associations in Lyft’s markets
- Create and execute scalable rapid response and long-term grassroots engagement strategies at the local, state, and regional levels
- Plan and staff government relations events such as community meetings, rallies, outreach sessions, meetups, etc.
- Recruit and train Lyft activists who will advocate for ridesharing in meetings and hearings with lawmakers, regulators as well as local media
- Coordinate and execute the use of political tactics such as advertising, in-district meetings, rallies, 1:1 meetings, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years experience as an organizer/regional manager, digital strategist, for political and issue advocacy campaigns (preferably city and/or state level)
- Fluency with digital organizing and social media engagement such as Salesforce, Votebuilder, Phone2Action, Hustle, and Countable
- People Management experience: ideally 2+ years
- Experience in local regional politics is a plus
- Experience recruiting and remotely managing volunteers and surrogates
- Knowledge of best-in-class organizing strategy and tactics
- Impeccable event organization skills
- Command of guerrilla marketing and offline advertising tactics
- Passionate commitment to the Lyft community and the sharing economy
- Charismatic in-person presence and public speaking ability