The Good Food Institute (GFI) is looking for a Corporate Engagement Specialist.
How You Will Make a Difference
The Corporate Engagement Specialist will manage projects to increase investment in and production and sale of plant-based, fermentation-derived, and cultivated seafood in the U.S. and globally. By building relationships with startups, investors, meat companies, seafood companies, and other key players, the Corporate Engagement Specialist will play an instrumental role in accelerating the growth of alternative seafood around the globe by:
- Building a list of high-priority conventional seafood companies in the U.S. and globally and conducting proactive outreach to these companies to make the case for producing, investing in, or otherwise participating in the market for alternative seafood.
- Supporting the work of members of GFI’s Corporate Engagement team to educate all relevant private sector entities on the future of plant-based and cultivated seafood, including startups, investors, retailers, and foodservice companies.
- Working closely with the Managing Directors and Corporate Engagement staff of GFI’s five international affiliates (with a specific focus on Asia) to support the growth of the alternative seafood industry on a global scale, including — when necessary — hiring consultants in-region to support the goals of the SSI (Sustainable Seafood Initiative).
- Managing the implementation and dissemination of relevant consumer and market research on plant-based and cultivated seafood with startups, investors, and corporations.
- Identifying, attending, and speaking at key industry events.
- Becoming an expert on the plant-based and cultivated seafood industry in the U.S. and globally.
- Performing additional duties to fulfill the goals of the SSI strategic plan.
Who We’re Looking For
The Corporate Engagement Specialist, Seafood must have:
- A degree in a related field (e.g. business, marketing, communications) and 2+ years experience in marketing, sales, or corporate affairs; experience in the seafood sector a plus.
- Persuasive and engaging interpersonal skills, including exceptional public speaking and presentation skills.
- A proven ability to engage with corporate executives, build long-term relationships with them, and to persuade and influence decision-makers.
- Excellent writing skills.
- The ability to travel frequently, including international travel.
- A demonstrated ability to manage several high-impact projects at once.
- Experience working with companies in the Asia Pacific region preferred.
- Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Infectious enthusiasm for GFI’s philosophy and mission; demonstrated interest in public health, environmentalism, animal protection, or hunger relief.