Intel is looking for a new Corporate Environmental Manager to join Corporate Services (CS).
The corporate environmental manager is a senior leadership role, reporting to Intel’s Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Vice President. This role will be responsible for leading collaborative cross-organization global teams, to develop and evolve Intel’s environmental processes and procedures to ensure compliance, while also enabling Intel’s growth. This role will be responsible for directly managing a global staff of senior environmental engineers, as well as it will be required to interface with Intel executives, regulatory agencies, and industry and environmental groups.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Establish relationships with business stakeholders, site operations teams, as well ability to collaborate with other support organizations such as global supply chain, legal, and global policy organizations.
- Leadership and development of a global team of environmental professionals.
- Lead and deliver Intel’s environmental multi-year strategy to ensure progress and ultimate achievement to Intel’s environmental goals.
- Influence and interface with Intel executives, and organizations to maintain environmental performance aligned to Intel’s environmental strategy, inclusive of goals, targets, and standards.
- Establish environmental performance leading indicators to drive continuous improvement efforts.
- Partner with Global Government Affairs and Public Affairs to monitor and track applicable environmental regulations.
- Interface and influence regulatory agencies, government officials, and industry leaders in developing and implementing new environmental regulations.
- Ensure compliance through audit and oversight processes to global environmental programs.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits
- Have demonstrated strong influencing and leadership skills at all levels of an organization, including executive management.
- Analytical & innovative thinker with a demonstrated ability to challenge boundary conditions and develop innovative solutions.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with an emphasis on the ability to communicate complex technical topics in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, both internal and external to the company.
- Comfortable presenting on challenge topics to large audiences.
What we offer
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth. As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
- We’re constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today!
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Position not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical, Environmental Engineering, or a related field.
- The candidate must also have a minimum of 10 years of experience in:
- Environmental engineering experience in a manufacturing and technology development environment.
- Leading people, either directly as a people manager or through the leadership of teams.
- Global environmental regulatory requirements.
- Master’s or Ph.D. in Chemical or Environmental Engineering or a related field.
- Principal Environmental Engineer.
- Extensive knowledge of environmental trends, policies, and programs.
- Strategic planning.
- Experience in external forums, and other industry leaders.