The position of Corporate Responsibility Business Manager has become available at MSCI Inc.
The Corporate Responsibility Committee is an exciting office at MSCI that will help define, develop and execute our firm’s objective to champion ESG best practices and develop a world class Corporate Responsibility (CR) platform. These efforts will result in improved business results, client and employee engagement and improved third party ESG ratings. This role is pivotal in creating a framework and owning delivery towards defined goals that are most meaningful to MSCI’s Constituents -Clients, Investors, Employees and the Community. This involves leveraging on robust research, innovative thinking and exploring new ways to build ESG efforts globally aligned with the strategic direction of the organization.
- Act as the focal point for implementing MSCI’s ESG and Corporate Responsibility strategy by raising awareness and driving commitment at all levels of leadership.
- Execute upon MSCI’s ESG and Corporate Responsibility strategy that is representative of both local needs and global priorities.
- Develop an efficient program that is comprised of a monitoring and evaluation methodology that helps identify strengths, weaknesses, risks and opportunities.
- Identify a detailed due diligence mechanism to evaluate business cases received by our constituents.
- Define metrics and KPIs to report progress on CRC through a scorecard and dashboard.
- Track progress and accountability of CRC by partnering with internal groups throughout the organization to build new policies, procedures and disclosure.
- Monitor and maintain awareness of new trends and the changing landscape of corporate responsibility (CR) and philanthropy virtually and through local events
- Coordinate and assist with periodic and annual reporting of internal and external communications on the work and successes of the Committee.
- Collaborate across functions, business units, and offices globally to continuously build a CR culture and drive associate engagement, thereby driving employee engagement and strengthening our employee value proposition.
- Partner with Product and ESG Research teams to improve third party ratings.
- Maintain all legal, regulatory, statutory requirements and other mandates required to function successfully both internally and externally. This includes ongoing compliance with UNPRI, CDP and other pacts and organizations.
Desired Experience and qualifications
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Sustainability Studies, Environmental Policy, and/or Corporate Responsibility
- Demonstrated experience to develop, refine and communicate the various voices and messages of the company to key stakeholders; as well as strong project management skills to coordinate and influence the different teams globally
- Proven experience in managing multiple stakeholders across corporate environments, professional services, etc.
- Experience in driving CSR strategies and volunteering/community programs and relationships
- Passionate about diversity, inclusion, culture and associate engagement
- Excellent program management, administration and organizational skills
- Ability to embrace and take ownership of projects
- Travel (up to 10-20%)