Samsung Electronics America is recruiting for a Corporate Social Responsibility Manager.
- Contribute to the emerging program strategy: The Manager is responsible for continuing to develop the strategy for the program. Working with a CSR Steering Committee that includes marketing, PR, public policy, R&D, sales, legal and employee engagement, the Manager will create and obtain buy-in for the business plan and roadmap for the program, as well as review success metrics on a regular basis.
- Ideation: The Manager is responsible for building on existing program ideas and generating new innovative ideas and processes that support the emerging program; this includes researching and piloting new technologies and innovative programs (e.g. distance learning post-COVID).
- Go to Market: The Manager is responsible to design and implement programs that leverage Samsung technology and other resources with minimal guidance, within time and budget constraints, and guided with specific data and research.
- Management & Evaluation: Hold partner meetings, review impact reports and results, and conduct ongoing evaluation of programs, including frequent site visits; present program overview, findings, and results on a frequent basis to multiple stakeholders; effectively manage million dollar-plus budget.
- Community Participation: Be an active member in local community meetings and events to share mission, strategy and results of programs.
- Employee Engagement: Ensure the program elements have strong employee engagement elements, and work with internal stakeholders – and employee leaders – to build an internal ecosystem of volunteering.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Lead local SSI CSR initiatives and programs and serve as a CSR subject matter expert (SME)
- Develop effective CSR programs encompassing workplace, community, and marketplace issues that align to the emerging CSR strategy, business objectives and which engage team members.
- Collaborate with other Samsung CSR teams and leadership committees to develop and execute programs and projects in accordance with corporate strategy.
- Partner with Marketing Operations team to oversee CSR strategy and communications
- Manage Benevity-based charitable contributions request process and team member engagement platform
- Collaborate with communications teams to promote CSR and sustainability initiatives to stakeholders, including potential and current team members, clients and the community-at-large through various channels, including social media
- Establish relationships and represent SSI with local community groups, nonprofits and industry organizations
- Assist with board and CEO level presentations highlighting the CSR program and activities for executives
- Serve as a liaison to Samsung HQ for CSR and provide annual reporting data as requested
Skills And Experience
- 5-7 years relevant CSR experience, with meaningful exposure to major corporate CSR programs
- Internal and external event production experience
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across diverse teams, departments and levels
- Executive level presence
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Finance and accounting experience a plus
- Undergraduate degree in Corporate Responsibility, Communications, Marketing or related field of study; graduate degree preferred