ERM has an opportunity for an experienced leader to join our global consulting firm as a CS&CC Lead.
This is a Partner-level opportunity for a senior-level professional looking to further their career with an equity stake with a global sustainable business consulting leader that supports the world’s leading organizations. A career as an ERM Partner is unique.
- The opportunity to contribute significantly to key decisions, including the overall strategic direction of our organization.
- Meaningful equity ownership with significant financial and intangible rewards.
- The ability to provide “thought leadership” on a wide range of technical and business issues impacting our core markets.
- An extension of ERM’s market position and reach with your established relationships to further drive our growth.
- Primary focus on client development and delivery of the full spectrum of ERM’s consulting services to deliver strategic value to our Key Clients in NA, particularly in XX. In particular, play a key role in growing ERM’s CS&CC practice across the firm’s broad portfolio of service offerings:
- Set Strategic Direction: by understanding their changing business context for sustainability, engaging their leaders (including the Board, C-suite and operational management) in defining the case for change, and setting new direction with strong and integrated sustainability strategy.
- Disclose Effectively: using proven methodologies for assessing materiality and driving robust reporting (e.g. GRI, SASB, IIRC) and a strategic framework to respond to investor surveys (e.g. CDP, DJSI, MSCI, Sustainalytics, ISS). We also offer specialist scenario analysis support to help meet growing investor demand for disclosure around climate change, using frameworks such as TCFD.
- Implement Change: leveraging ERM’s business process transformation capability, digital solutions and deep subject matter expertise. We combine proven processes and systems with advanced technology and experienced professionals to help clients integrate ESG into the fabric of their organizations to drive continuous improvement and unlock business value.
- Actively develop commercial strategies to pursue and win new business opportunities that result in significant revenue growth with target clients aligned with ERM’s global strategy.
- Provide business value selling at the top levels of client organizations, raising the profile of ERM’s capabilities within key client organizations, to identify and shape clients’ needs for ERM services.
- Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships by delivering strategic consulting advice, excellent value, and quality service.
- Maintain pulse on industry business deals and prioritize sales efforts toward high-potential, top opportunities.
- Manage capture efforts utilizing technical understanding to develop proposals, including written content, pricing, presentations, and contracting.
- Help ERM evolve its current ESG positioning within our Key Clients and High Growth High Value clients across sectors by being active in the market, listening to clients, developing new service offerings and delivering high quality and impactful solutions to our clients.
- Build, grow, and manage a high-performance team, serving as a leader and mentor to other consultants. Identify emerging talent and work with them to reach their full potential; ensure rising stars are nurtured, developed and given new areas of responsibility.
- Support the growth and development of ERM’s North American Corporate Sustainability practice and actively collaborate with colleagues across NA and the globe. Drive innovation within the practice to stay ahead of client needs and to differentiate ERM in the market.
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment to build ERM’s global business, as well as to lead client and practice teams. Leverage ‘all of ERM’ to bring our clients integrated solutions to address their most pressing sustainability needs.
- Meet business financial targets, overall project budget and schedule, client satisfaction/expectations, and internal and contract requirements.
- BA in philosophy, economics, journalism or BA in engineering, science, business, or related discipline; professional registration preferred.
- 15+ years’ progressive experience in a consulting environment, working at a high-level with corporate legal clients; proven track record with Fortune 500 firms including oil and gas, chemical, mining, power, infrastructure, technology and/or manufacturing sectors.
- Business acumen to understand business risk and challenges, and recognize key market opportunities.
- Demonstrable track record in delivering multimillion dollar sales results annually, including successfully winning large and strategic portfolios.
- Well-versed in CS&CC including strategy, disclosure and climate services.
- Offer recognized technical expertise and an established reputation in the local marketplace.