Etsy is looking for an outstanding Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion who will maximize external insights & previous experience to expand and lead the execution of an annual strategy that is innovative and aligned business goals & the overall people strategy.
This full-time position is located (eventually) in Brooklyn, NY (with flexibility to work remotely up to 2 days a week) reporting to the Sr. Director of Global People Strategy, Operations and DEI. You’ll also work closely with other leaders across multiple functions, including HR, Legal, Talent Acquisition, Workplace, Corporate Engineering, Advocacy, and Sustainability.
About The Role
- Be accountable for the overall success of the Etsy and Reverb DEI programs.
- Establish measures to evaluate performance of an annual strategic DEI plan, progress towards DEI goals & report progress quarterly as part of the People Team quarterly planning process & Executive Team.
- Lead all aspects of the DEI strategy creation and execution with the Sr. Manager, DEI programs & Manager, DEI ERG programs.
- Lead, manage & grow the DEI team, taking ownership for your team’s work and priorities.
- Partner with key leaders on all matters DEI related – sometimes advising based on external research you conduct, your own experience or introducing key Etsy leaders to your external network to help guide effective decision making around DEI related business decisions.
- Remain current on all trends and standard methodologies related to the improvement of DEI initiatives and proactively educate the Executive team and People Team.
- Partner effectively with key partners across the org, including but not limited to: Employment Counsel, Sr. Director, Global Talent Acquisition, and our Impact, Marketing, and HRIS teams.
- Serve as an internal and external speaker, educator and advocate for the Etsy and Reverb DEI programs.
- Set and manage the DEI budget for Etsy and Reverb.
- At least 10 years professional work experience, with at least 6 years of relevant Diversity and Inclusion strategy and operations experience.
- Experience working in a tech industry (preferred)
- Worked independently to define and contain complex problems, prioritizing effectively, and delivering quickly.
- Experience creating and driving program processes which enable smooth execution, continuous improvement, and minimal waste
- Outstanding partner management, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical global, cross-functional groups.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence, judgment, and ability to cope with emotional content, difficult conversations, and issues of identity, trauma, and belonging.
- High attention to detail, can distill sophisticated ideas into clear guidance and communications in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain order, focus and calm in times of ambiguity, emotion, stress, or changing priorities.
- Ability to influence outcomes and people without direct authority.
- Ability to lead with optimism.