The position of Director, Engagement, Corporate Citizenship & Sustainability has become available at Sodexo.
The Global Sustainability Manager will support the growth and development of Colgate-Palmolive’s sustainability efforts while leveraging Sodexo’s resources and expertise. You will manage energy projects, lead & deliver zero waste initiatives and certifications, and bring industry trends & innovations to the global partnership.
- Drive energy reductions through project management from project selection to kick-off with local teams until full implementation.
- Focus on zero waste efforts and green building strategies and projects to guide sites in different countries through TRUE, WELL & LEED certification processes.
- Provide consistent policies and practices across sites, including Best Practices implementation.
- Drive engagement and visibility around sustainability, ensuring sustainability is a key element of a Sodexo’s services to the client and identify where to focus our efforts.
- Report timely and accurately to Global Client on progresses and roadblocks towards the determined roadmap.
- Provide operational strategies, secure approvals, report and utilize data into client’s larger sustainability initiatives and reporting (GRI, CDP, etc.).
- Liaise with Sodexo’s internal functions (Better Tomorrow Committee) to further integrate sustainability.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Global Sustainability Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Excellent project management skills, providing services on strategy and solutions.
- Proven ability to independently manage complex multi-sites projects and get senior leadership support.
- Experience building external and internal strategic relationships with demonstrated ability to influence decision makers and make things happen.
- Well organized and strong communicator that can engage cross functional Sodexo team and the client in achieving a shared vision for sustainability.
- Create innovative solutions underpinned by robust business cases to mitigate multifaceted challenges.
- Accommodate change and adapt accordingly, receiving requests and proposing solutions positively and proactively.
- Think holistically while considering various interdependencies.
- Strong knowledge of current topics related to energy and sustainability: energy management, zero waste, circular economy principles, materiality assessments, green building, behavioral change, etc.
- Experience with program such as: Energy Star Portfolio Manager, ISO50001, TRUE, LEED, WELL.
- Knowledge of GRI, CDP, Science Based Targets and other sustainability reports, standards, and frameworks.
- Certifications: CEM or CEA, LEED AP and/or TRUE, with an understanding of other regional certification programs.
- Depending on where the selected candidate is located. Can be USA, Europe or South America. The scope of responsibilities is global, through 35 sites in 24 countries. Role will require up to 25% travel.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have
- Basic Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree
- Basic Management/Supervisory Requirement: 5-10 years
- Basic Functional Requirement: 5 years in facility management, energy management, manufacturing, project management or related fields