Longroad Energy Partners is recruiting for a Director, Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS).
The Director of EHS is responsible for the design, implementation and oversight of the Company’s environmental health and safety programs, including contractor and employee safety, EHS training, environmental concerns at power generation facilities, and ongoing compliance. This responsibility extends to projects being considered for development as well as projects actively being constructed.
- Coordinate with internal team to answer ESG related concerns and questions
- Oversee the EHS program for the Company, including the creation of required documents, procedures, forms, holding of recurring safety calls, and processes.
- Review all safety reports and incidents, working with Operations to identify corrective actions.
- Conduct a training program that teaches and empowers employee’s capabilities and overall safety awareness. This includes annual training performed at the site locations and is intended to cover both wind and solar focused employees.
- Track and report on all environmental compliance, safety incidents, root causes and corrective actions. Use such data to drive continuous improvement
- Perform oversight to ensure various company activities conform to applicable safety and environmental regulations, including direct management of the CERS program
- Perform audits as required or is prudent by industry standard
- Establish and manage O&M solar contractor safety qualification process
- Develop, implement and manage a national solar panel recycling program in close coordination with Operations and Asset Management teams.
- Directly oversee the ordering of site PPE like FR shirts
- Facilitate incident investigation, root cause analysis, remediation and closure of corrective actions
- Assist other departments such as Engineering and Legal as required, is prudent or requested by peers and management
- Oversee DOT compliance as may be required
- Audit site records to ensure compliance with procedures and overall safety program
- Negotiate, execute and manage contracts as required
- Aid in the development of new business opportunities for the company
- Attend meetings as a company representative as required
- Perform additional tasks as directed by management team
- Travel as required
- 2-4-year college degree or comparable industry training and certificates
- Experience in wind and solar energy operations and maintenance (5-7 years).
- 15+ years of progressive EHS experience
- Experience with Safety and Environmental regulating bodies and requirements
- Contract negotiation, execution and management experience
- Experience with environmental and governmental compliance
- Computer proficiency required
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- Personal accountability and Integrity
- Ability to make informed decisions in a quick and nimble fashion
- Comfortable with a work environment that is fast paced and changes quickly
- Ability to work within a team with a positive attitude
- Enthusiastic about the renewable energy industry