YETI is seeking a Director, Environmental, Social and Governance.
In this role, you will report to the SVP, Talent & ESG with a location in Austin, Texas. Your key stakeholders will include both internal and external constituents including employees, suppliers, partners, consumers, the Senior Leadership team, CEO, the Board of Directors and investors. You will be responsible for strong global collaboration with key business functions to influence the business to drive improving metrics across sustainability and ESG measures.
- Develop and lead a multi-pronged strategy for Environmental Social and Governance (ESG).
- Establish objectives and milestones to achieve short and long-term goals, embedding our strategy within the functional areas as an integrated part of how we work.
- Prioritize the issues that are most important to YETI, our consumers and shareholders while considering opportunities for business growth and risk mitigation.
- Develop external ESG reporting and work collaboratively across Supply Chain, Product, Legal, Finance, Sales, Marketing and Talent to drive program awareness and communicate program results.
- Develop and implement YETI corporate programs to drive awareness and achieve intended targets.
- Create and drive engagement opportunities that serve employees, suppliers, consumers and partners while aligning with YETI’s mission and vision.
- Build existing and new ESG programs that align to the strategy and leverage to expand opportunities within the business.
- Develop and execute an overall program/project management, operational, and change management strategy related to business initiatives/processes.
- Create dashboards and reporting to track performance for various audiences (employees, Executives & Board level).
- Work cross-functionally to develop and implement successful marketing, corporate communications and PR strategies.
- Act as a thought leader in ESG; Understanding current and future challenges within the industry and educating and prioritizing these issues with internal teams and external stakeholders.
- At least 10 years of professional experience within ESG or CSR that include driving corporate ESG/CSR initiatives that tie to strategic business objectives; 8 years of team leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Master’s Degree preferred).
- Experience building and executing a global program from scratch with a mix of both publicly traded and start-up companies is preferred.
- Consumer Durables industry experience is required.
- Practical and innovative leader with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and results. Ability to balance idealism with pragmatism.
- Creative thinker with strong interest in executing new strategies to drive increasing value to our customers, partners, suppliers, shareholders, and employees.
- Strong presentation skills with experience working at both executive and board levels.
- Possess executive presence and interpersonal skills that enable you to build relationships internally and externally.
- Strong public speaking experience including engagements at conferences, with investors and media.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to build out metrics and synthesize data.
- Possess soft skills and competencies that include: Inspirational leadership, holistic ownership, strategic focus, operational intensity, communicating with impact, and acting as a talent champion.
- Possess an established network of ESG/CSR colleagues from whom you can seek advice.
- Familiarity with frameworks such as SDG’s, reporting standards such as SASB or GRI, and ratings agencies such as MSCI and ISS.