There is an exciting opportunity at S&P Global for a Director, ESG & Investor Communications.
Specific ESG Responsibilities Will Include
- Developing a proactive ESG communications strategy with key performance metrics and goals.
- Engaging with product, commercial, and marketing team members on strategic message development and on paid and earned media opportunities.
- Creating and enhancing long-lasting media relationships through regular, proactive engagement.
- Serving as the primary communications partner for S&P Global’s newly appointed Head of ESG Strategy.
- Using advanced analytics to inform decision making, determine opportunities and identify strengths.
- Deploying a wide-range of communication tactics to arrive at desired results.
Specific Investor Communications Responsibilities Will Include
- Editing and disseminating press releases and news announcements on company financials.
- Monitoring and reporting of related news coverage.
- Participating in annual shareholder meetings and other investor presentations.
- Working closely with corporate functions to develop executive-level messaging and briefing documents.
This talented communicator will be a dynamic, energized decision maker with measurable success in the following areas:
- Building exceptional journalist relationships.
- Increasing media share of voice through strategic, positive media placements.
- Identifying market trends and developments that could negatively impact the Business.
- Capitalizing on opportunities to enhance and protect S&P Global’s brand and reputation.
- Developing strategic and impactful communications plans.
This passionate, creative and critical thinker will have significant comfort in serving as the senior strategic communications counselor to our executive leadership team, creating strategic messaging and briefing documents, working hand in hand with legal and compliance, and developing trust and strong relationships with key internal stakeholders. She/he will also have opportunities to work on M&A communications and other special projects.
Expected Skill Set Will Include
- Exemplary speaking, writing and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of ESG as well as trends in this growing space
- Prior experience leading financial/investor communications preferred
- Knowledge of the financial markets and government bodies that regulate the financial markets
- Proven track record of successful media placements
- Unmatched journalist relationships
- A proven track record of providing advice to senior-level clients
- Demonstrated experience leading initiatives and working with minimal guidance
- Strong team leadership and development skills
- Experience in working for a global, regulated company
- Confidence, enthusiasm and energy and a proactive approach to communications
- Driving thought leadership projects through message development and leading executive promotion internally and externally
- Leading, developing, & executing communications and strategies
- Collaborating across the divisions to promote enterprise wide initiatives in the media
The candidate will have a strong track record of success over the course of his/her career. They will have:
- A minimum of 8-10 years experience in a communications function (preferably in financial services), either in-house or for an agency
- A bachelor’s degree (MBA is a plus)
- Keen interest in business and financial markets
- Fluent English (another language would be an advantage but not essential)
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills