There is an exciting opportunity at lululemon for a new Director, Giving and Social Impact.
About this team
Our Sustainable Business & Impact function is shaping the future of impact. This work does not sit only within one function; social and environmental impact at lululemon is a holistic practice of mindful choices that is integrated in everything we do. The teams lead and integrates our vision and initiatives to create value for our brand, our collective (guests, employees, makers, ambassadors), and society. As a result, lululemon is an innovative, purpose-driven brand creating a future that we want to live in. You will be part of this transformative team, leading impact through strategic philanthropy, engagement, advocacy and activations.
A day in the life
- Reporting to the Vice President, Sustainable Business & Impact, this is a global role responsible for evolving and developing new aspects of the company’s strategic philanthropy and engagement strategy, for social impact.
- You believe that everyone has the right to be well and develop programs that disrupt inequity in wellbeing through movement, mindfulness and activism.
- You are a builder with vision and execution, helping to build on existing programs and bring to life an internal “entity” for social impact and innovation to achieve the Be Well pillar within our Impact Agenda.
- Oversees nonprofit granting strategy and partnership development across Advocacy granting.
- You align with and integrate key cross-functional and regional teams and Access efforts, along with budgeting, operations, reporting and governance for internal partners with the vision and strategy for lululemon’s growing Social Impact platform.
- You set and evolve the company’s global giving social impact strategy and point of view in alignment with lululemon’s purpose, brand, Impact Agenda, and Here To Be mission (to disrupt inequity in wellbeing through movement, mindfulness and advocacy)
- Lead lululemon’s nonprofit granting strategy, execution and nonprofit partnership portfolio through relationships held by global and regional teams.
- Lead the development of emerging program activities such as advocacy programming, employee engagement, community investment and more.
- Lead the development of annual and quarterly operating plans to execute on our strategy, including oversight of departmental budgeting, programs, and KPI reporting.
- Develop nimble yet effective impact measurement and evaluation approach.
- Engage company leaders, external advisors, consultants for program governance, cross-functional integration of social impact, and amplification of lululemon and partner efforts.
- Lead, develop, coach and recruit and a high performing team, including direct and indirect reports.
- Be a go-to resource for leaders across the company that want to contribute to the company’s social impact work.
- Co-create employee and guest engagement strategies and collaborate with Brand/Community/PR on nonprofit partnerships for campaigns, supporting the development of tactics to engage guests and employees in impact.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (including People & Culture, Product, Diversity and Inclusion) to maximize our impact across channels and ensure internal and external efforts are aligned.
- Represent programs externally.
- Duties and growth projects that may be assigned from time to time
- 10+ years of professional leadership experience with social impact, innovation, philanthropy, CSR associated with a significant budget at a publicly traded company and/or major NGO
- 5+ years of experience within a progressive consumer facing apparel brand,
- Diversity, inclusion and equity training and relevant lived experience.
- Advanced degree, Bachelor’s degree required in related field (Business,Sociology, etc.)
- Demonstrated strategy creation, business case development, planning and operational execution, drawing on insight across areas, applying creative and systematic approach.
- Demonstrated experience in bringing innovation to life, passion for new technologies, processes and products and the ability to assess the practicality and business impact of each against the vision and roadmap.
- Demonstrated relationship builder and communicator with ability to authentically and effectively engage with partners from various background, internally and externally. You can make complex concepts easy.
- Demonstrated leader who can coach, develop and lead a global team of skilled professionals in remote work environments. Exceptional people engagement and inspiration, with 10+ years of experience and vision for leading people and teams in a fast moving and complex organization. Demonstrated experience in effectively engaging at all levels of organization.
- Role is based in Vancouver, BC, with travel up to 25% of the time.
- Deep understanding of wellbeing including the role of movement, mindfulness and advocacy in wellbeing; of individual and systems change; of inclusion, equity and social location
- Drive and capability to produce results and inspire others to do the same.
- Team player who fosters connection and builds trusting relationships.
- Communicates honestly and directly, creating the space for others to do the same.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working.