Job opening for a Director, Global Sustainability at FMC Corporation.
Reporting to the VP of Global Procurement and Corporate Sustainability, the Director, Global Sustainability, will lead the development and execution of our sustainability programs enterprise wide. This position is based at FMC’s corporate headquarters in Philadelphia.
You will shape FMC’s sustainability strategy, through consultation with internal and external stakeholders. Elements of the strategic framework include policy and program development, integration of business strategies, assessment of societal and business opportunities and risks, key constituent identification, long-term goals, and communication and engagement strategies.
You will have a direct role in the execution of the sustainability strategy including responsibility for engaging and educating our workforce so as to deliver enterprise wide programs, leadership of our External Sustainability Council, participation in select sustainability forums, and partnering with corporate communications, investor relations and government affairs to deliver stakeholder communications.
Other responsibilities include managing the sustainability team to leverage resources effectively, ensuring the appropriate ESG metrics are captured, analyzed, and reported per schedule, and development of an annual budget.
- You are a thought leader with a sophisticated understanding of the global sustainability landscape, the roles of public, private, and non-profit sectors, and a track record in delivering strategic sustainability programs on a global scale.
- You are an inclusive leader with a growth mindset who has successfully engaged with internal and external stakeholders across complex organizations. You have demonstrated ability to influence C-suite leaders to advance the sustainability agenda.
- You are well versed in reporting frameworks such as Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), CDP (formerly the Carbon Disclosure Project), Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) and Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD).
- You have 7-10 years of progressive experience managing sustainability programs including policy and program development, goal setting, reporting, and internal management systems.
- You are noted for your communication skills with the ability to distill complex topics for varied audiences. You listen.
- In addition to your functional competence in the sustainability arena, you will also demonstrate the competencies of Accountable, Adaptive, Inclusive, Innovative, Strategic and Leadership.
Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree in relevant field or MBA preferred.
Experience in the chemical industry a plus.