WeWork is recruiting for Director of Energy, Sustainability & Impact EMEA – maternity cover.
About The Role
This will be a maternity cover position tasked to implement the EMEA energy, sustainability and impact strategy and associated goals designed to drive business results, reduce risk and enhance brand value. The role will be based in London and will form part of the Building Operations function. It will require leading a team of 3 direct reports.
- Lead a team of subject matter experts across Energy, BEMs, Sustainability and Impact to deliver against EMEA wide energy and sustainability goals within the Building Ops structure.
- Work cross functionally within the operational leadership team to build a culture of togetherness, ensuring territories are supported across energy, sustainability and impact deliverables.
- Build sustainability metrics into short and long-range business planning, including capital budget and operational expenditure planning
- Collaborate with the key stakeholders (e.g., product, real estate, legal, supply chain, marketing, public affairs etc.) to deploy an integrated and coordinated energy and sustainability plan
- Keep senior leadership team abreast of energy and sustainability legislations, priorities and strategies and leverage senior level commitment for integrating sustainability considerations into core processes and decision-making
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications and Marketing and Public Affairs to ensure WeWork is well represented in sustainability networks and related industry events
- Serve as the internal leader for energy and sustainability, providing guidance on company responses to questions or statements of position on energy and sustainability matters
- Drive in Region execution of best practices and global Energy & Sustainability mandates.
- 5+ years experience in energy, sustainability or a Bachelor’s degree in related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Deep knowledge of energy and sustainability best practices, ideally with a diverse set of geographical regions.
- Ability to influence and to work cross-functionally in support of sustainability team objectives and goals.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and outstanding relationship building skills at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills, problem-solving, and ability to assess the quality of others’ work, particularly quantitative work.
- Results oriented with an ability to operate multiple projects. A self-starter with outstanding organizational skills.
- Proven track record to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, and effectively manage and meet multiple, simultaneous deadlines
- Experience of working in a large multi-site, multi geographic portfolio
Not Available for RelocationApply now