Google is recruiting for a Director of Marketing, Social Impact and Responsibility.
About the job
In this role, you will lead the Marketing team that is responsible for telling our social responsibility story to users, partners, and other key external stakeholders.
This role combines brand marketing, engagement marketing, and product marketing with relationship building (internally and externally) and team management. You will help influence the development of key product features, craft compelling narratives, and drive our marketing activities across our Crisis Response, Sustainability, Accessibility, and Google.org efforts.
You will manage a team that’s responsible for all aspects of marketing for these areas, including insights development, messaging, stakeholder engagement, and will lead all of our brand marketing across these topics to get our message out to our core audiences. You’ll set marketing strategy, organize resources against key priorities, and partner with marketing and other cross-functional leaders to shape our overall strategy.
- Develop our positioning and story for each individual pillar and across all Social Responsibility topic areas
- Drive awareness of our products, capabilities, and corporate initiatives in this space
- Advocate user insights and exercise thought leadership to inform and inspire the direction of all of our Social Impact/Responsibility efforts across Google
- Lead marketing efforts to externalize our story at key moments throughout the year including product announcements, events, and programmatic initiatives
- Manage, build, and grow the Google.org brand as part of our overall Google brand development efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of brand and product marketing experience
- Experience in non-profit, sustainability, or accessibility sectors
- Experience leading go-to-market strategies and launching new product features, programs, and initiatives
- Track record building strong global marketing plans and executing them efficiently and effectively with maximum impact
- Ability to influence at all levels, especially senior stakeholders, and work effectively across functions and geographies
- Demonstrated ability to leverage data to develop user insights and drive product feature decisions and program development efforts
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans
- Ability to inspire and nurture smart, creative talent
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, to prioritize and advance multiple projects simultaneously