This Is What You’ll Do
- Directly interacting with key policy makers at the federal and state level, including legislators, administration officials, and the various departments and agencies to promote Rivian and its electrification and transportation technology mission.
- Coordinate strategy and lead a team of Policy experts that will anticipate and influence new policies, legislation or regulations that affect Rivian and its mission to proliferate all electric adventure vehicles and related products and services.
- Cross team with various Rivian divisions, including Corporate Strategy, Finance, Engineering, Manufacturing and others to ensure policies and laws maximize support for EVs, advanced transportation systems and supporting products, while ensuring impediments from such policies and laws are minimized.
This Is What You’ll Need
- A minimum of 8-10 years of direct experience engaging policymakers, legislators and/or regulators in the areas of transportation, clean energy, or technology.
- A track record of superior accomplishment, achievement and ability (results matter!).
- A thorough understanding of policy, legislative procedure and regulatory processes with an ability to draft, read, understand and work with statutes and regulations.
- A proven track record of leadership and autonomy in a fast-paced and dynamic atmosphere with the ability to work in a team as well as cooperatively with a diverse group of partners and stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Familiarity with transportation, energy and environmental issues.
- A strong work ethic and “can-do” spirit.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task on diverse issues simultaneously
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a recognized & reputable educational institution (JD degree strongly preferred).
- Willingness to travel (potential for in excess of 50%).
This Is What Would Make You Stand Out
- Direct experience in the electric vehicle area including serving in a similar role for the electric vehicle division of an established OEM or for an EV company.
- Direct experience with a technology start up organization.
- Demonstrated record of successful management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize and manage outside lobbyists, communications teams and grassroots organizations to support policy focused missions with a track record of success.
This Is Where You’ll Work
Location: Washington, D.C. area