The position of Director of Sustainability has become available at Everlane.
The Director of Sustainability will report directly to the Chief Supply Chain Officer and will set the vision of sustainability at Everlane. You will own the execution of our current sustainability commitments (Renew, Organic Cotton and reduction of our Carbon Footprint) as well as build the strategy for future commitments. You will partner with our creative and marketing teams to elevate our external sustainability communications which will include building our sustainability website. You will also work with raw materials and product development on product innovation and vendor sourcing to ensure we have the most sustainable products possible. You will also partner with our third party vendors which include our factories/raw material suppliers and our warehouse to ensure their sustainability efforts and goals align with ours.
In addition, this role will act as the face of sustainability for Everlane. You will play an active role in sustainability conferences and seminars to help drive awareness and innovation within the industry. Internally, you will be responsible for building our quarterly and annual sustainability reports and providing regular updates to the company and senior leadership.
This is a full-time role based at our San Francisco office located in the Mission neighborhood (when our office re-opens).
- Build and execute long-term sustainability roadmap including compliance, water, climate, waste, and circularity that are industry leading and sustainable in the business
- Develop raw materials to drive innovation and low carbon impact products
- Align with sourcing and quality assurance on vendor strategy and performance
- Develop robust systems and software to build vendor environmental and social compliance data
- Create quarterly and annual sustainability reports that are transparent to the world
- Collaborate with Marketing and Creative to evolve our sustainability website
- Research and network to drive thought leadership and positioning within the industry
- Partnering with Workplace and Retail to ensure we are practicing sustainability efforts in all of our physical spaces
- Champion sustainability through the organization and the supply chain
We’d love to hear from you if you have
- 10+ years of experience in sustainability, product innovation, corporate social responsibility
- Experience in building in-depth social and environmental compliance programs
- The desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Thrives in working with diverse cultures and influencing people
- Feels comfortable speaking in large groups and with the press
- A natural love for market research and benchmarking and rigorous about staying informed on the latest technology and trends in sustainability
- Passionate about global sustainability and making a long-term impact on our climate