Yunus Social Business is recruiting for a Director Partnerships & Investor Relations (m/f/d).
Your role & tasks
As a Director Partnerships & Investor Relations (m/f/d), you will be part of YSB’s mission to harness the power of business to end poverty. You will have the opportunity to work on YSB’s overall fundraising and investor relations strategy.
Your tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Cultivate and manage long-term relationships with our existing, international donor base (Europe and US-based)
- Identify and attract potential donors, including foundations, family offices, high-net-worth individuals and development agencies
- Further develop YSB’s future fundraising strategy, including value proposition for development finance institutions (DFIs) and other institutions, i.e. foundations, family offices and impact first funds
- Work closely with YSB country leadership to develop and support local fundraising strategies
- Manage and expand YSB’s Anchor Partner Board of global philanthropists that provide strategic guidance
- Build new products in close association with YSB’s on-the-ground investment and corporate teams to address needs of potential investees and objectives of potential investors
- Contribute to YSB’s overall strategy process and product development with senior leadership team
- Responsible for partner reporting according to contract requirements, targets, milestone tracking and project management
- Supervise our lean fundraising team and support their capacity and capability development
- Gain deep understanding of YSB’s financial and non-financial offerings to social businesses and portfolio companies
What you bring to the table
- Minimum of 7+ years experience in one or a combination of these areas:
- impact investing
- fundraising for large NGO, VC / PE
- private banking / family offices
- You have demonstrated success in delivering on an annual multi million fundraising target
- You have an existing network with foundations, high-net-worth individuals, relevant intermediaries or DFIs
- You have excellent communications and relationship management skills; you know how to easily engage people with your charismatic personality and a positive outlook
- You are comfortable interacting with senior executives and investors
- You are able to work independently and you exercise good judgment
- You have a passion for social business and the ventures we invest in
- You have a high level of personal integrity and teamwork spirit
- You are fluent in English (min. C proficiency); German would be a plus but is not required
- You are flexible to travel nationally or internationally, if required (>25%)
What we offer
You will be able to work in a flexible and high performing environment with team members from all around the world. We are a network organization, and we work with partners and freelancers to build scalable solutions to the biggest problems of our times. You will have the chance to tap this network and work on the forefront of impact-driven business projects and demonstrate the effects that purpose-driven businesses have on economic success.
We are an outcome-driven organization with flat hierarchies, focused on creating impact while maintaining a healthy focus on the well-being of our colleagues. We offer excellent training and learning opportunities, 28 vacation days and a company pension plan. Our office in Berlin is located in lively Kreuzkölln, with excellent connections to public transport.
We believe in equal opportunities. We cherish diversity and try our best to build an inclusive team.Apply now