Nike is looking for a Director to join their North America Social & Community Impact team in New York City. Be authentic, courageous and inspired by the possibilities of the unknown!
This role leads and guides local teams in managing a portfolio of external partnerships and engaging employees in community across New York city. Your ability to leverage corporate and non-profit experience; build relationships and drive operational excellence are all key to helping us win as a team!
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
If this is you, you’ll be responsible for developing and implementing the Social and Community impact strategy for a more inclusive NYC. You will focus resources on a portfolio of community investments that create access to positive youth experiences in sport and play, and increase the ability for all New Yorkers to thrive. A typical day/week addresses the needs of both internal and external partners to positively impact the community. Examples include leading collaborative approaches to training and development of coaches; coordinating the measurement and evaluation of the community investment portfolio; identifying employee engagement opportunities; and executing an integrated communication and brand plan to support and amplify community initiatives.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You will work on the North America Social & Community Impact Team, while collaborating closely with the business team based in NYC. The portfolio you lead impacts multiple teams within NIKE, and you will build partnerships with a wide variety of functions in both your city and World Headquarters, including Government and Public Affairs, Communications, Brand Marketing, and the broader global Social and Community Impact team to align and steward the investments.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work across multiple different projects at one time, supporting different initiative tracks;
- Proven capabilities to lead cross-functional initiatives by taking a collaborative approach and influencing others;
- Experience of a corporate environment working with brand marketing and communication teams
- Experience playing a leadership role in multi-sector partnerships, including with government, NGOs, sporting associations and multi-lateral groups;
- Planning and managing corporate volunteers;
- Knowledge of the social impact, corporate responsibility and sports sectors. Direct experience working in these sectors in NYC a strong plus.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- At least 8 years of professional experience in Social Impact/Corporate Responsibility/Non-profit Sector.