New opportunity at Amcor Rigid Packaging for Director, Sustainability.
The Director, Sustainability for Amcor Rigid Packaging will develop and prove environmental sustainability to be a source of growth and profitability for the business, leading the development and execution of a long-term sustainability strategy. This position will also be responsible for ensuring implementation of Amcor Plc. sustainability initiatives.
This position will serve as the central point of contact for all interfaces with customers about sustainability; Collaborates with internal subject matter experts to ensure appropriate responses and communications. Builds on Sustainability Value Proposition (SVP) training and incorporate into ARP, Sales and Marketing teams, as demonstrated through creation of SVPs for top Amcor customers by sales and inclusion of sustainability as agenda item in key account reviews.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Aligned with our Being Amcor’ model, leads and continues the creation and execution of a holistic sustainability strategy for the company encompassing business, people, and the world around us. Develops the business case to address ARP-specific sustainability issues and leverages Amcor Plc. and sister business group initiatives to create maximum value for ARP. In collaboration with the Amcor Plc. Vice President of Sustainability, ensures that all Sustainability initiatives are in alignment with the broader company sustainability framework.
Secures and leverages senior level commitment and engagement for integrating sustainable development into core business processes and decision-making. Collaborates with ARP’s internal functions (product development, sales/commercial, innovation, operations, engineering, procurement, communications) to develop a coordinated sustainability plan. Project manages sustainability communications (internal and external). Creates and implements communication campaigns to publicize the company’s sustainability efforts and promote broad awareness of sustainability initiatives, in coordination with Sr. Director of Communications. Serves as the internal leader and go to expert for sustainability, monitoring emerging trends, programs and issues, and communicating and educating others on sustainability topics through internal communication channels. Develops and coordinates expertise in sustainable procurement to include ethical sourcing, supply chain risk management, and social compliance auditing; Ensures all Business Group sites are current on Sedex platform to satisfy customer requests.
Drives Business group’s progress toward EnviroAction goals, reducing greenhouse gas emissions, waste to disposal, and water use. Ensures accurate and timely quarterly reporting to ARP Lead Team and Amcor Plc. Offers expertise and provides leadership-level support for initiatives to reduce company-wide resource consumption and waste generation.
Industry & Group Partnership
Builds effective partnerships with external organizations through the Amcor Sustainability Partners Program and appropriate business functional leaders to support sustainability efforts. Represents ARP and asserts company interests within appropriate industry organizations (eg, Recycling Partnership, Sustainable Packaging Coalition, etc.).
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Environmental Science, or Engineering, Master’s Degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in engineering or business positions related to improving the sustainability profile of manufactured products, preferably plastics
- Direct knowledge of the commercial and regulatory landscape of the secondary market of recycled materials.
- Knowledge of the industry associations and lobby groups involved in the waste collection secondary market industry.
- Familiar with the waste collection, processing and sale industry structure and support Amcor’s global ambition to create a plastics circular economy.
- Demonstrated professional work characteristics including high initiative, dependability, and credibility.
- Excellent program/project management experience (PMP certification is preferred).
- Able to differentiate between conflicting priorities and issues to identify underlying causes Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, IBM Notes, and PowerPoint software.
- Ability to maintain and deal with confidential information.
- Must be well organized and comfortable interfacing with all levels of management.
- Plans, organizes, and controls large work volume in fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Travel 30.