Sephora is seeking a Director, Sustainability to lead a growing program as part of their Sephora Stands efforts.
The Director will report to the Senior Director, Strategic Sourcing within their Store Development Team and will be responsible for expanding the strategy and leading the implementation of sustainability programs for Sephora Americas.
- Lead Sephora America’s sustainability efforts
- Develop strategy in partnership with Sephora global and deliver action on it
- Create and implement communications plan to inspire internal action and external engagement
- Influence and achieve cross-functional ownership towards sustainability goals
- Secure cross-functional alignment on key metrics and maintain timely reporting mechanisms/dashboards
- Manage a small team
- Deliver against budget
- Represent Sephora Americas at Sephora Global and LVMH sustainability events
- Expand programs in Canada, Mexico and Brazil when time is right.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments
- 15 years relevant experience: sustainability strategy + execution, project management, analysis, supplier assessment, partner management, cross-functional achievements
- Sustainability content knowledge, specifically supply chain sustainability, with retail business and international focus preferred
- Demonstrated ability to achieve cross-functional buy-in and influence across an organization
- Excellent communicator, able to cast a vision and use data to inspire and empower others to take action
- Proven track record creating successful internal and external communication strategies for diverse audiences
- Superior Influencing Skills
- Strong ability to lead across multiple topics without losing sight of the big picture
- Excellent technical and quantitative skills (data driven, fluent with Excel)
- Excellent influence, negotiation and command skills
- Passion for “business for good” and vision for how Sephora could lead on sustainability
- A strategic, can-do positive attitude with a creative, action-oriented approach
- Fluency in another language preferred (especially French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese)