LG is looking for someone to take on the highly visible and impactful position of Director of Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility.
This is a position that advances the company’s Environmental, Social & Governance objectives by leading and directing Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability programs for LG Electronics USA. Drive LG’s North American strategy across three key areas: environmental sustainability, social impact, and CSR risk management/compliance. Co-lead LG’s global conflict minerals compliance program and support company-wide efforts to advance responsible supply chains, health & safety, and corporate governance.
Description of Responsibilities
- Oversee the company’s U.S. environmental sustainability portfolio, including greenhouse gas inventory and reduction strategy, and corporate-wide renewable energy procurement plan, sustainability communications and award nominations; lead cross-functional teams to achieve sustainability objectives and goals.
- Champion the company’s “Zero Carbon 2030” initiatives and drive for U.S. results.
CSR Social Impact & Community Relations
- Oversee CSR social contribution portfolio, led by LG’s U.S. signature cause social impact program focused on youth mental wellness.
- Provide direction for cause marketing, employee volunteerism, disaster response, citizenship and local community relations programs.
North America program lead for LG’s environmental, social and governance programs
- Lead ESG stakeholder engagement on behalf of LG, including UN organizations, non-governmental advocacy groups, and corporate membership and industry organizations.
- Oversee internal CSR audit process for U.S. operations to improve alignment and performance with LG Policy and Standards for Labor/Human Rights, Environmental Protection, Health & Safety, and Ethics.
- Administer CSR-related external inquiries process, including supporting responses to customers, consumers, media and NGOs, in consultation with corporate communications and legal as needed
- Support environmental and social compliance for LG’s U.S. manufacturing facilities.
- Co-lead LG’s global conflict minerals compliance program, ensure customer compliance and drive continuous improvement in response to increasing ethical sourcing drivers.
- Manage CSR program budget and accountable for program success to Senior VP of Public Affairs
- Manage staff, lead cross function task teams, and encourage change management activities.
- Represent LG with external stakeholders, participate in industry organizations, both domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree related to environmental, sustainability, engineering or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in related field.
- Accomplished sustainability professional with a successful track record of implementing and advancing corporate social responsibility programs for a large multinational corporation.
- Demonstrated program success in achieving positive social and environmental impacts, building corporate leadership profile and brand awareness.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet tight deadlines, and maintain flexibility with changing strategic priorities
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Passionate, creative and committed, with strong ability to lead and influence.
- Strong project and budget management expertise, with superb attention to detail.
- Thorough knowledge of Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability driving principles, business case and ROI.
- Knowledge of electronics products and home appliances a plus.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Power Point.