There is an exciting opportunity at Microsoft for a Director, Sustainability Engagement.
This role will integrate sustainable practices into partnerships across our value chain, driving us towards a circular economy model. The role will interface with resources across the broader organization to ensure that we leverage and contribute towards supportive and complementary efforts, and drive towards standardized sustainable approaches to the entire asset lifecycle, from design through end-of-life. The role will also be required to foster links to internal and external partners that promote innovation and policies on sustainability, to assert our leadership position in cloud sustainability.
Role and Responsibilities
- Establish a communication framework to educate and build awareness of sustainability internally and across the supplier/partner/customer network, of Microsoft’s continued impact and leadership towards a circular economy
- Identify critical risks to deployment of a standardized sustainability framework, recommend, develop and implement solutions to mitigate those risks
- Partner with all applicable cloud sustainability pillars; data science, product development, operations, and engineering to ensure best-in-class, accurate and timely solution delivery and communications
- Be proactive in identifying continuous improvement opportunities and act as a leader to drive resulting initiatives
Preferred Skills, Experience, Knowledge
- Demonstrable program management skills, including ability to direct multiple programs
- Strong technical and analytical experience in the context of supply chains and sustainability
- Strong understanding of global manufacturers, distribution partners, and marketplace vendors for cloud IT assets
- Prior experience in a Microsoft organization in a cross functional role is desirable
- Strong understanding of circular economy models, and an established network of sustainability practitioners and institutions
- Ability to work independently when required, and as part of a team
- Proven ability to work directly with partners and vendors with little supervision
- Proven ability to write white papers and detailed process documentation
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to think strategically beyond day-to-day execution
- Bachelors or equivalent degree qualification in Science, Engineering or Humanities
- 15+ years combined experience in Program Management, Asset Management, Supply chain processes, Sustainability, Circular economy, Marketing & Sales Communications, and Innovative business processes
- Demonstrable experience in collaborating across global operations, internal and external partners and vendors, engineering teams and senior leadership.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.Apply now