Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is looking for a Director Sustainability, Packaging and Product Stewardship.
Reporting to the Chief Sustainability Officer, the Director will lead the KDP sustainable packaging and product stewardship platform, including the Company’s zero plastic waste agenda. By combining a technical understanding of packaging and product life cycle management and business acumen, the Director will play a highly visible, cross-functional leadership role internally and represent KDP externally in leadership forums and collaboration platforms across the industry. This leader will build, promote and foster the success of relevant industry coalitions including existing and new platforms. The leader will also participate on and provide guidance to corresponding cross-functional KDP project teams.
What you will do:
- Deliver and maintain a 5 year-roadmap to achieve 2025 targets, including a comprehensive resourcing plan to deliver on roadmap
- Engage with industry, municipalities and MRFs for product and package recycling
- Establish and maintain KDP principles, governance and operating structure for sustainable packaging
- Serve as the primary point of management for sustainable outcomes across all relevant projects for R&D, Keurig innovation (brewer and pod), and Supply Chain Ops Development & Engineering
- Be accountable for metrics and reporting to achieve 2025 KDP packaging targets
- Represent and lead within industry forums and collaborations. Attend forums, build relationships, and gather information to determine to enable KDP 2025 targets
- Manage flow and optimization testing for plastic recycling to establish and expand recovery metrics
- Facilitate the use of recycled content across KDP portfolio of products, packages and partners
- Provide timely and accurate communications content to Sustainability, Communications, Partner and PR teams.
What you must have:
- Minimum 10 years work experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred. Flexibility on the discipline
- Direct experience with the recycling industry and specifically technical specifications for plastics recycling
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment; anticipate needs and be proactive in resolving issues; and follow KDP policies and procedures.
- Analytical rigor and experience with environmental metrics
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated record of facilitation and leadership through influence
- A team player, with the ability to work well across different organizational boundaries at all levels of the organization.
- Passionate about our social and environmental mission.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Strategic planning and issue management
- Strong written and oral communication, organizational and time management skills; excellent presentation skills.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.)