Lululemon is looking for a Director, Sustainable Business Integration and Reporting to join their Sustainable Business & Impact team.
About this team
Our Sustainable Business & Impact team is shaping the future of impact within our brand and business. This work doesn’t just live in one function; social and environmental impact at lululemon are a holistic practice of mindful choices that is integrated in everything we do. The team leads and integrates our vision and initiatives to create value for our brand, our collective (guests, employees, makers, ambassadors), and society. As a result, lululemon is an innovative, purpose-driven brand creating a future that we want to live in. You will be part of this transformative team, leading impact through strategy support and integration across the company, driving measurement and internal and external reporting.
A day in the life
Reporting to the VP, Sustainability & Social Impact, this is a global role responsible for driving the co-creation and cross-functional execution of the company’s environmental, social and governance programming, expressed through our global Impact Agenda. This role is designed to elevate the integration, efficacy and profile of lululemon’s Impact work by aligning and embedding efforts across the company, designing measures and tracking performance, leading internal and external reporting, including the launch of our first impact performance report, in context of company purpose, priorities and goals. This work includes cross-functional stakeholder partnership, developing a performance management system, tracking progress toward Impact goals, and reporting internally/externally on progress. The Director supports governance, stakeholder engagement and issues tracking.
- Support the company’s enterprise-wide impact strategy, in support of lululemon’s vision to be a leader in Sustainability & Social Impact
- Drive the ongoing coordination & execution of the enterprise Impact Agenda roadmap, working cross functionally with key stakeholders
- Develop a performance management system including KPIs, metrics and tracking, for ongoing business integration and reporting of key impact outcomes and measures
- Lead internal reporting, support integration of KPIs in business updates, and ensure visibility for impact progress
- Lead external reporting, rethinking impact and sustainability reporting to create an impact model for lululemon that considers stakeholder priorities, and alignment with leading ESG standards for external rankings and ratings
- Support departments in their work to create positive social and environmental impact, building opportunities for deeper integration
- Solicit cross-functional input and partnership on initiatives, progress, and reporting to ensure cohesive company-wide action and encourage shared accountabilities
- Create communications materials for executive level engagement and transparency on Impact initiatives
- Create business cases, manage budgets, and support the development and resourcing of impact initiatives
- Support VP, Sustainability & Impact as needed in strategic projects, budgeting, staffing and resource planning
- 12+ years work experience (4+ post advanced degree) in sustainability, ESG or social impact leadership role, management consulting and internal change management in a matrixed organization.
- 10+ years of work experience and understanding of environmental, social, governance issues within a publicly traded organization. Apparel and growth brand experience an asset.
- 10+ years of work experience identifying and quantifying ESG risks/opportunities and external reporting on progress
- Demonstrated sustainability/social embedding with organizations, project and program management, leadership and executive engagement
- Proven leadership and experience positively engaging cross-functional stakeholders to common goal
- Bachelor’s and advanced degree required in related field (Business, Sociology, Sustainability etc.), or equivalent professional experience to masters degree
- Experience with leading management consulting firm is an asset
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.