Microsoft has an opening for a new Director US Sustainability & Partnerships.
- We’re looking at inspiring our employees and others around the actions we are taking locally, for these actions to be credible and to contribute to our overall carbon reduction plans.
- We’re looking for engagement in strategic projects with our customers, someone who can credibly represent Microsoft with the sustainability experts with our customers on these issues, as a voice of knowledge and authority.
- This role will also be able to build and execute on a ‘go to market’ plan for our sellers, to help our customers to understand how smart use of Microsoft technology can help them to meet their own carbon commitments
- Design through strong collaboration with others across the business locally and globally, our approach to driving incremental improvements in our local sustainability
- Build the US strategy for customer engagement around sustainability
- Act as single point of contact for Microsoft’s Sustainability Initiatives
- Act as a strong and credible subject matter expert both internally and externally on sustainability
- Drive program of engagement with US-based NGOs, charities and other influential organizations, in collaboration with our global sustainability team
- Localize and build US relevant materials from globally-produced customer and stakeholder facing BOM that support our sustainability narrative and co-ordinate the creation and sharing of locally-generated materials
- Public speaking on the topic of sustainability, principally with customers but also with other internal and external stakeholders
- Lead a local virtual team of sustainability champions across the business, providing support and expertise to scale our impact
- Act as Microsoft US single point of contact for the global sustainability team, supporting their field enablement activities
- A proven track record of effectively partnering with a wide variety of stakeholder groups on environmental sustainability, ideally within or in support of a corporate context
- A strong ability to collaborate and communicate effectively, demonstrating excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Credibility with external stakeholders (NGOs, campaigning groups, etc) for their involvement in sustainability issues
- BA/BS required; MBA preferred
- Executive Presence: Experience and expertise selling to senior business decision makers by aligning & reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria
- Collaborative: Strong relationship-building and negotiation skills
- Excellent Communicator: Able to distill widely variant feedback into root cause issues and provide actionable feedback to other stakeholders, deep technical product demo, presenting, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Highly driven passionate person, consistently exceeds goals with a demonstrated track record of exceeding goals
- Strategy: Experience developing strategies, execution plans and reporting to achieve business goals through multiple channels and competing to take market share.
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment.