Mitie requires a new Energy & Sustainability Programme Manager to work within the Energy division.
Mitie Energy is an award-winning, UK-based energy, utilities and sustainability solutions business. Mitie Energy is not a utilities provider, and offers truly independent services. Mitie Energy advise on, implement, deliver and manage solutions that leverage expertise across multiple utilities and Smart Buildings to provide maximum efficiencies, cost-savings and a cleaner planet.
Reporting into the Energy and Sustainability Director, the Energy & Sustainability Programme Manager is one of a small team of strategic, client facing leads for the energy and sustainability services and programmes within Mitie’s Integrated FM service for our client.
The Holder Of This Role
- Is accountable for the project / programme management of various energy & sustainability projects and initiatives, working with a wide range of stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered to schedule and benefits are recorded;
- Is responsible for programme management of our client’s external sustainability reporting calendar, including mandatory reporting obligations, environmental accreditations, memberships, and awards;
- Is responsible for ensuring robust governance is in place and high-quality MI and reporting is delivered to provide the required insight to meet client and internal stakeholder needs;
- Is responsible for a range of internal and client facing governance, reporting and administration activities;
- looks for opportunities to expand and shape the client relationship; and
- drives client satisfaction and helps improve the client’s NPS score.
The Energy & Sustainability Programme Manager will work cross-functionally in both Mitie and the client in a matrix-orientated structure, providing support across the team; requiring strong stakeholder, communication and influencing skills.
- Become fully conversant with: our client’s sustainability (and responsible business) vision, strategy, commitments, targets, and challenges; and with Mitie’s energy & sustainability contractual obligations.
- Form and maintain direct, active relationships with the client’s energy and sustainability leads; and support in communicating the client’s sustainability ambitions across the wider Mitie account team.
- Form and maintain active, effective working relationships across a wide range of stakeholders within Mitie; and liaise regularly with these stakeholders to review the status and track progress of all energy & sustainability related projects and initiatives.
- Manage development, implementation, and continuous improvement of robust project/programme management to ensure:
- clear ownership of all energy & sustainability projects and initiatives across the whole account, with defined roles and responsibilities;
- all energy & sustainability projects and initiatives are delivered to time, cost, and quality;
- the status of projects and initiatives that do not go ahead are recorded;
- communication of clear action plans and timelines to client and internal stakeholders;
- risks/issues are effectively managed and escalated as appropriate; and
- provision of clear status reporting and benefits tracking across all energy & sustainability projects, programmes & initiatives.
- Ensure clear understanding of accountabilities for delivery of our client’s external environmental compliance and sustainability reporting requirements (both mandatory and voluntary monitors); and programme manage delivery of these activities to the client.
- Ensure provision of quality, focussed management information on various aspects of energy and sustainability performance, including ensuring robust tracking and reporting of progress against the client’s environmental and sustainability targets is maintained and enhanced according to client requirements.
- Manage development, implementation, and continuous improvement of governance processes; taking responsibility for internal and client facing governance, reporting and administration activities across the team, including:
- collation / production of regular MI, governance, and reporting packs to support client and internal governance meetings;
- maintenance of meeting action logs and team risk logs;
- tracking/monitoring of ‘core’ team contractual requirements such as: mandatory training and entertaining/hospitality registers, etc.
- Lead and manage internal process reviews to support the team in driving continuous improvement across all core areas of energy and sustainability service delivery for our client.
- Provide support across the team in the development and maintenance of plans to ensure delivery of all core energy and sustainability contractual service commitments.
- Support programmes to improve the client NPS score.
Experienced (4+yrs) project / programme manager with a strong track record of managing diverse programmes in a large corporate environment
- Excellent project / programme management skills and experience, with appropriate project / programme management qualifications (e.g. PRINCE2; APM PMQ)
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and experience; with demonstrable ability to engage effectively with clients and internal stakeholders at all levels
- Strong communication and influencing skills; with ability to challenge and drive progress across a matrix-oriented structure
- Strong governance, reporting and analytical skills, with demonstrable experience of delivering insight-led reporting
- Organised, self-starter with good time management, planning and prioritisation skills; with ability to adapt easily to changing priorities
- Ability to motivate others to drive exceptional service delivery
- Personal motivation and enthusiasm to drive continuous improvement and implement transformational change
- Good experience of using MS applications (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint, etc.)
- Good commercial awareness
- Ideally educated to degree level in a business, science, or environmental subject
Passion for and interest in sustainability (direct sustainability experience not essential)Apply now