An exciting opportunity exists for a Consultant in the Hatch Environmental Services Group (ESG) team based in London. The Environmental Services Group focuses on providing our clients with solutions to their environmental and social challenges. We work predominantly within the natural resources, power and energy, infrastructure, and finance sectors.
The successful applicant will support the team on a diverse range of international environmental and social management projects, providing support to lenders and key business or financial clients, environmental and social impact assessment, undertaking of due diligence audits, and developing environmental and social management systems. The post will require a good understanding of client and business needs and will require the candidate to demonstrate an active interest in the business development process.
Key Attributes Of The Successful Candidate
- Experienced in project management with the ability to manage tasks and projects to time and budget
- Able to quickly assimilate written and verbal information and identify material environmental and social issues
- Demonstrates excellent written communication skills with clear and concise writing style
- Presents an effective and open communication and presentation style.
- Comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary and collaborative team environment.
- Able to be flexible, learn and perform tasks outside their area of skills and experience.
Qualifications And Experience
- A Bachelors/University degree in science, environmental sciences, environmental management, environmental engineering or a related discipline.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline would be an advantage.
- Holds or is eligible for the appropriate level of membership of a relevant professional organisation (IEMA, CIWEM, CIEEm or equivalent)
- Technical skills in environmental impact assessment or environmental and social due diligence
- Experience working to international lender environmental and social standards
- Previous auditing experience including environmental, health and safety management systems such as ISO14001 and ISO45001 would be advantageous.
- Previous social impact assessment experience would be advantageous
- Flexibility to travel periodically.
- Knowledge of French, Spanish, Russian or Arabic would be advantageous.
- To manage projects to agreed budgets and deadlines
- To support colleagues in the ESG team on major projects and activities
- To deliver high-quality environmental and sustainability services
- To take a support or lead role (as appropriate) in the preparation of bids and tenders
- To develop personal networks within ESG and with other key stakeholders in the organisation