Job opening for an Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability Leader at Kimberly-Clark.
Provide site leadership for the Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHS&S) systems in support of Global Nonwovens Value of a Safe Operation. Ensure Mill is strategically aligned to KC EHS&S Strategies and Standards, meeting Regulatory Compliance Requirements and Site Cultural expectations.
This position reports to the Mill Manager and leads site teams that include Emergency Response Teams and Facility Risk Reduction. The resource is accountable for all mill environmental, health safety and sustainability processes/systems acting as a point of escalation for the sites Security and Loss Prevention. The EHS&S Leader is expected to coordinate and align activities with other GNW EHS&S leaders as well as the Global Occupational Safety and Hygiene Team, Global Environmental and Sustainability Team and Loss Prevention Team. The EHS&S Leader is responsible for ensuring that the facility EHS Management System is established, implemented, understood and maintained.
- Be a strategic thinker
- Be willing to challenge the status quo
- Lead teams, as well be an effective team participant
- Lead and influence Safety Culture
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills
- Show genuine care for people
- Ensure environmental, health and safety expertise is sustained at the mill level
- Develop and execute environmental, health and safety system improvement plans
- Ensure adherence to all applicable internal and external environmental, health and safety regulatory requirements
- Serve as a resource for the site EHS Teams
- Assist Mill Teams in thorough investigations and accurate documentation of all significant environmental, health and safety related incidents
- Provide support for Sector and Global EHS&S Team initiatives
- Deliver continuous improvements in support of achieving a loss-free work environment
- Ensure onsite visitors, contractors and 3PL partners understand and meet Site EHS Requirements
- Candidates with the Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or other professional accreditation preferred
- Considerable knowledge of industrial safety and environmental practices including behavior-based safety programs, EHS systems, regulations, and risk management required
- Capable of initiating and managing projects in a team setting
- Capable of formal investigation and problem-solving techniques, ensuring root cause identification and appropriate countermeasure resolution
- The ability to work with all levels of employees within the organization presenting a professional, caring approach
- The incumbent must have 5-10 years of experience creating and leading safety programs in manufacturing operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Risk Management, Occupation Hygiene, or related discipline
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Site subject matter expert for EHS technical and regulatory requirements, EHS Policy adherence, KC EHS Management System adherence and KC best practice management relating to EHS providing leadership and support of all site employees/visitors in ensuring a sustained Safe Work Environment. Assess and ensure site complies with all Local, State and Federal regulatory agencies related to Environmental Safety and Health
- Functional owner of the sites EHS Management System operation (incl. Crisis Management), maintenance and administration. Identify EHS aspects and hazards managing them to acceptable levels of risk or impact. Setting EHS objectives and evaluating the effectiveness of the facility
- Lead thorough EHS Event investigations, ensuring completion of Root Cause determination, implementation of effective Corrective Actions and Countermeasures, with accurate and consistent documentation, effectively communicated to prevent recurrence at the site and other GNW locations. Site alignment and implementation of GNW Sector Safety Strategy ensuring standardization and reporting. Development and implementation of Mill specific strategy with pertinent objectives and visible metrics to reduce risk and ensure a sustained Safety Culture. Oversight of Contractor Safety ensuring adherence to KC Safety Requirements of 3 Party Partners, Contractors, Vendors and Visitors
- Support the site Point of Contact in ensuring safe work by all parties. Analyze EHS data, providing insights regarding results and trends through investigation and thorough problem solving, making recommendations for improvements that address substandard acts or conditions
- Catalyst for site Safety Culture initiatives and programs focused on the positive impact of Mindsets and Behaviors required to deliver a zero injury work environment. Site Environmental and Sustainability Lead ensuring requirements are met, acting as the Point of Contact with Local, State and Federal regulatory bodies
- Ensure KC Standards and Best Management Practices are implemented, and the site is in compliance. Site Point of Contact of Risk Management Programs and activity for the Mill Leadership team as well as, Sector and Global Risk Management teams. Oversight, support and assessment of Risk Reduction activities of the site Fire Chief and Security processes ensuring GAP Closure and reporting. Support Health Services and ERT Functions as an active member. Engagement in employee health concerns providing technical capability to limit employee illness and injury potential through: Occupational Hygiene practices, Return to Work guidance, Investigations and communication.