Pharmavite has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental & Sustainability Manager.
The Environmental & Sustainability Manager is responsible for overall environmental compliance of the enterprise and leading us on a journey to exceed our corporate sustainability goals. This leader creates long-term value for Pharmavite by providing leadership and strategic direction while ensuring excellence in meeting compliance requirements. The Environmental & Sustainability Manager reports to the Director, Business Resilience and interfaces with a team of EH&S resources across 4 production/distribution locations, in addition to Pharmavite Headquarters.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we’re making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Establish & execute against a robust environmental program which ensures compliance with all regulations in all locations.
- Lead partnership with local and federal environmental agencies; in tune with future regulations and their business impact.
- Partner across the supply chain and total enterprise to deliver both internal and external sustainability goals.
- Own capability building of broad employee base and subject matter experts relative to environmental programs & sustainability.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about modeling and developing an organization that practices relationship-based quality and co-creates solutions. Finally, the ideal candidate must be an agile leader, that is able to lead and manage change that proactively supports a company that is rapidly innovating.
You’ll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Strong, proven leadership skills with the ability to build capability and influence others to deliver results.
- Excellent project management skills enabling implementation of multiple projects in parallel.
- Familiarity with California specific environmental regulations for like industries.
- Working knowledge of sustainability initiatives in the areas of waste, air, water, electricity.
- Simplification & continuous improvement mindset. Willing to initiate healthy challenge of the status quo.