Wellington Management is recruiting for a new ESG Analyst, Healthcare.
Within the sustainable investment platform, we are seeking an Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Analyst to join our Investment Research team. Based in Boston, the ESG analyst will bring a deep understanding of the material ESG issues within the global healthcare sector and effectively communicate differentiated investment insights to portfolio managers and analysts to be incorporated into our clients’ portfolios.
In addition, the ESG Analyst will be responsible for leading the stewardship activities for the healthcare sector by making voting recommendations to equity holders and for maintaining and executing the firm’s engagements on ESG topics with company management teams and Boards, in collaboration with equity and fixed income investors. In addition to conducting fundamental ESG research and working with portfolio management teams and analysts, the ESG Analyst will have the opportunity to represent the team and communicate our ESG integration process to clients, consultants, and prospects.
The following essential skills are required for the role:
- Investment acumen and passion – We are seeking an ESG Analyst who is passionate about both markets and sustainability issues and has experience analyzing ESG issues in the investment process. The ideal candidate will bring subject matter expertise on governance topics and environmental and social issues, along with an understanding of how these issues can impact an investment thesis.
- Superior collaboration and influencing skills – The successful candidate will enjoy contributing to a highly collaborative investment environment and will embrace the benefits of overlapping lines of idea generation. S/he will build strong trusting relationships internally with colleagues and externally with clients, prospects, and company management teams/Boards. The ability to provide a point of view and challenge the status quo is critical, as is the humility to admit mistakes and a desire to learn from others; s/he must recognize the benefits of diverse perspectives. The ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) action oriented investment recommendations clearly and with conviction and contribute to an open sustainable investment dialogue is important.
- Growth mindset – The flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving and growing as an analyst. S/he will have a global perspective and creative approach for thinking about innovation and the evolution of sustainable investing and ESG.
Additional qualifications and individual characteristics include:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a related role ideally at an investment management organization;
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail;
- Ability to set priorities and execute a research agenda;
- Capacity for differentiated thinking and ability to problem solve effectively;
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in a collaborative, team-based, results-oriented environment;
- Independence of thought, intellectual curiosity, and an entrepreneurial nature;
- Global perspective; and
- Strong academic credentials: advanced degree/CFA preferred.