MSCI Inc.is recruiting for a new ESG Client Consultant.
Your Team responsibilities
As the ESG Client Consultant you will be part of our team that is a leading provider of ESG research to institutional investors globally. In this role you will be managing the relationships for a territory of clients that span some of the world’s largest institutional investors. You will learn MSCI ESG Research products and the client’s line of businesses and investment processes to guide them in leveraging our solutions across asset classes with emphasis on Equity and Fixed Income, to bring that knowledge together to provide insight and best practices to those client organizations.
As the ESG Consultant your performance will be based on a combination of factors including account renewal rates, proactive management and client communication, contract value growth and pre-sales activities. In the pre-sales role, you will partner with the sales team, bringing industry and product expertise to client meetings. After a client has begun using MSCI ESG Research products, the Consultant owns and manages the client experience. This entails offering proactive educational ESG support, expertise on ESG services and usage, and participating in the client renewal process.
- Achieve target renewal and retention rate
- Drive revenue growth with outstanding service
- Act as a trusted advisor for clients and their advocate within MSCI ESG Research
- Serve as domain expert on MSCI ESG Research’s suite of ESG products and services
What we will offer you
Depending on your location of your role, you can expect …
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including – healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) – cycle to work schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
Your key responsibilities
- Proactively communicate and educate clients on key ESG matters while developing critical understanding of client use cases for integration of ESG data into the investment or research process
- Help to manage client inquiry and issue resolution process using SalesForce.com and other internal tools
- Monitor and ensure client satisfaction
- Identify accounts at risk and create a plan to ensure revenue and client retention forecasting at risk business where appropriate; working with cross-functional teams to address issues in a timely manner
- Develop/drive account management plans for all clients
- Conduct regular calls/visits with clients (health checks, training, relationship planning and review)
- Identify and communicate up-sell opportunities to sales team
- Provide subject matter expertise in pre-sales/up-sell/on-boarding activities
- Conduct product training for clients
- Perform frequent testing of new product features
- Continually assess target market and work with management to ensure company is offering relevant services
- Encourage and facilitate meetings between clients and research analysts
- Act as liaison between client and internal MSCI ESG Research teams for key client initiatives
- Communicate market requirements to ESG Research business leaders
- Attend relevant industry events
Successful candidates will have a Responsible Investing (RI) or financial background and exhibit an interest for ESG issues and have demonstrated experience in developing strong working relationships with external clients.
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- Tangible understanding of ESG issues & market, financial services and how ESG factors impact the investment process
- Experience within a front office investment environment is helpful inclusive of direct exposure to portfolio management or credit & equity research process
- Experience or knowledge of Hedge Funds, Sell Side/ Capital Markets beneficial but not required
- Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills
- Motivated and agile client-oriented and commercially-aware thinker
- A team player able to effectively manage the expectations of a diverse and demanding client base
- Absolute personal and business integrity
- 5+ years of experience, preferably in a client facing position in financial services or Responsible Investing
- Bachelors required, MBA or Master’s degree in finance, economics, international relations or a related field favored or equivalent experience or CFA designation also beneficial
How we’ll support you
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee resource groups such as the Women’s Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, and Eco-Groups.