Arabesque are looking for a technically gifted, sustainability expert who likes to work in a collaborative environment to join their exceptional ESG Research Team as ESG Research Director – Impact Scoring Specialist.
Your Role & Responsibilities
The new ESG Research Director will have experience in assessing and quantifying the impact of corporate issuers. You will be responsible and accountable for contributing to Arabesque S-Ray’s data, research models, and ratings products.
You Are Expected To
- know about the intricacies of ESG, climate, and non-financial data;
- be well versed with impact assessment frameworks and methodologies – focused on SDG, UNGP, Human Rights, etc;
- utilize database query language and Python to manipulate large datasets – both structured and unstructured inputs;
- liaise with the Global Research Office and Global Head of Sustainable Investing & ESG Research on building out Arabesque’s impact assessment work stream
- participate in industry conferences and act as an Arabesque ambassador;
- contribute to thought leadership through blog postings, white papers, and academic articles.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Arabesque Are Keen To Hire Professionals Who
- have 4+ years of experience relating to research on SDGs, UNGP, UNGC, Human Rights or specific impact investing frameworks – either within ESG ratings providers, asset management research, asset owner research, investment consultant research, think tanks focused on sustainability, or academic research institutes;
- feel comfortable on-boarding and analyzing large amounts of data, including handling data from multiple sources with varying levels of data quality;
- are motivated and passionate about solving empirical problems and building innovative data tools, scoring models, and products;
- possess a fluent command of the English language—speaking and writing—and have a desire to share knowledge and expertise across research team and design partners;
- are curious and enjoy researching to stay on top of impact quantification trends, offerings and client needs;
What To Expect
- Expect to advance your understanding of sustainable finance subjects, meet thoughtful people across different fields of expertise, and produce research/products that will make you proud.
- Expect a work environment that isn’t based on bureaucracy and formalities, but on integrity, ambition and the expectation that everyone is delivering to the best of their abilities.
- Expect to be challenged and get ready to find your own niche in the global ESG research team.