Moody’s Analytics has an opening for an ESG Researcher.
As an ESG Researcher, you will collaborate with organizations such as Four Twenty Seven, Vigeo Eiris, and Regulatory Data Corporation as you join our Quantitative Research team which has a rich history of providing forward-looking research and thought leadership in risk measurement and management. The team comprises of members with diverse backgrounds in fields such as finance, economics, econometrics, statistics, engineering, real estate, geography, accounting, climate and mathematics. As a part of this team, you will leverage your skills and expertise and support our continued innovation in ESG research.
Specific Responsibilities May Include
- Conducting sophisticated theoretical and empirical research measuring the impact of ESG risks on profits, accounting valuations, market valuations and credit risk;
- Collaborate with financial researchers and data analysts on research projects;
- Partner with engineering teams to deploy completed research through various technology channels’;
- Partner with marketing, sales, product management, client service teams, and clients on the education and implementation of risk management technology;
- Present research findings to technical and non-technical audiences internally and externally.
- Ph. D. or have completed all coursework required by a Ph.D. program, in economics, finance, accounting. Ideally, candidate would have experience measuring the business impact of ESG related factors.
- Research experience in econometric and statistical modeling;
- Experience with programming tools such as Python, SAS, R, or Matlab;
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Other desirable qualifications
- Research experience in financial accounting and corporate finance;
- Background in Environmental Science
- Background in Business Ethics
- Experience leveraging techniques in machine learning and artificial intelligence as well as climate modeling.