MSCI Inc. has an opening for an ESG Researcher.
MSCI ESG Research is the global standard for ESG signals, data and insights.
MSCI ESG Research provides in-depth research, ratings and analysis of the environmental, social and governance-related business practices of thousands of companies worldwide. Our research is designed to provide critical insights that can help institutional investors identify risks and opportunities that traditional investment research may overlook.
Your key responsibilities
We need you:
- To regularly publish quality research content and analyze emerging ESG issues;
- To deliver relevant, actionable insights on companies to investors, and become a trusted go-to expert on core ESG topics;
- To represent MSCI as a credible thought leader with strong point of view at conferences, external events and strategic client meetings;
- To collaborate with a wide range of teams (industry analysts, equity research, multi-asset class research, index, analytics) to produce innovative analytical models;
- To continuously improve how we think, how we model ESG risks, and how we develop solutions for investors globally;
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- A researcher with the background to match;
- A critical thinker with attention to detail and the ability to work with large data sets;
- A storyteller with excellent writing, communication, and public presenting skills;
- A team player who can collaborate across a diverse global team;
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and able to thrive in a fast paced environment;
- Ambitious, with a desire to bring ESG into the mainstream investment process;
- An expert in the Financials sector (Insurance, Asset Management, Banks preferred)
- At least five years’ professional experience in a related field (investment research, financial services, consulting, industry experience, policy research);
- A Bachelors’ degree (required), an advanced degree (Masters or PhD) or relevant industry accreditation (preferred);
How we’ll support you
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee resource groups such as the Women’s Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, Black Leadership Network and Eco-Groups.