There is an exciting opportunity at MSCI Inc. for an ESG Sales Specialist.
We are seeking to expand the Client Coverage team in New York with a commercially driven and results-oriented individual. As the leading provider of Environmental, Social and Governance Research, Ratings and Indexes, we continue to grow our footprint with the world’s largest asset managers, banks, hedge funds, pension funds and corporations. As an MSCI ESG Sales Specialist you are responsible for developing new business within the East coast territory.
The role also demands a consummate relationship builder, both internally and externally, to drive sales and achieve revenue targets. The individual will work very closely with all parts of the MSCI organization, including Client Service, Marketing, Legal, Finance and Product Management.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect …
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including – healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) – cycletowork schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home.
- This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
Your key responsibilities
- Educate potential clients about ESG investment trends and how MSCI can enable investors to build ESG capabilities through our market leading ESG Research, Index, and Analytics solutions.
- Consistently meet and exceed sales and business objectives
- Identify opportunities and close sales to new prospects
- Work with the wider sales group to achieve cross-segment opportunities and synergies from information sharing and collaboration
- Communicate suggestions to improve, customize, or create new products and solutions
- Gather and share industry trends and competitive intelligence to senior management
- Grow network and attend relevant industry events
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- Applicable experience working in institutional sales focused on finance clients
- Recent experience in managing sales effort against a quantitative objective
- Proven track record in developing new business
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Good networking and inter-personal skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Absolute personal and business integrity
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, customer orientated thinker with a strong consultative sales drive
- A team builder and player with emotional and professional maturity
- A commercially minded individual with drive and capacity to manage a dynamic, fast paced environment
- A good understanding of the ESG market and how ESG factors impact the investment process is a plus
- 2+ years of direct sales experience
- Financial Services sales experience highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required (MA or CFA designation preferred) or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel 25%
- Demonstrated interest in ESG a plus
How we’ll support you
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee resource groups such as the Women’s Leadership Forum,
- MSCIPRIDE, and Eco-Groups.